Unwin low profile seat rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lubee View Post
    Don't think water will get in between the 2 layers of ply to rot the carpet. Gonna put bitumen or something under the van when the tracks are bolted in to stop water from the road corroding the spreader plates and bolts.
    I recommend sikaflex adhesive sealant. 👍

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

We are putting lino on top of the wood so it will we ok if anything spills on it. Will consider the sikaflex round the edges.
      Up there for thinking, down there for dancing.

Comment

We are putting lino on top of the wood so it will we ok if anything spills on it. Will consider the sikaflex round the edges.
        How did you get on today? I've re-cut my floor around my rails, Just laid the silver insulation on the batons and then put the ply floor back on top. Now I need to decide either going fir carpet, lino or laminate?! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0017.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	259625Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0018.JPG
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	259626

Comment

Only srewed the 12mm ply down decided to leave the carpet in between both sheets of ply, measured and marked out on the floor where we gonna put the tracks. Gonna do the cutting out for the tracks tomorrow and hopefully lay the lino.

Comment

Laminate every time

On the seventh day there was the t4

Comment

We've got laminate in the house don't want it in the holiday home too

Comment

Lino is the way to go then, easy to clean. Love to see it when its down whatever way you go with it.

Comment

Will put some pics up when done, getting a bit excited now. Was begining to wish we had left it like it was with the rock n roll bed and no rails.

Comment

It will be worth it in the end and you can look at it with pride of a job well done.

Comment

Worried we've marked out where we want the rails right on top of the chassis so gotta check the chassis position before we do anything else. Gonna bring them in another 2". You know what they say measure twice and cut once.....
                      Last edited by Lubee; 21 May 2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Worried we've marked out where we want the rails right on top of the chassis so gotta check the chassis position before we do anything else. Gonna bring them in another 2". You know what they say measure twice and cut once.....
                        Yes. I found myself measuring, checking then drilled a small hole, found it was wrong then repeated the whole process, only for a few hours lol then decided to make a frame!

Best to take your time and get it right 👍

I've done the bulk of mine now and just got some edging to finish on the floor. Went for laminate in the end because I've a load in the garage.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0023.JPG
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	259637Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0024.JPG
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	259638Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0025.JPG
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	259639

Comment

Looks fantastic 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wilkes View Post
                            Looks fantastic 👍👍

Thanks Mark. Getting there. Slowly but surely. Can't wait to go camping. I'm jus looking for an awning now 👍

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

888 Special. Is that proper laminate or is it the sticky stuff ? Thinking of doing similar in ours as the dog has not learned to wipe his feet yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wilkes View Post
                                888 Special. Is that proper laminate or is it the sticky stuff ? Thinking of doing similar in ours as the dog has not learned to wipe his feet yet.

Proper laminate that I had in my hallway and kitchen. When I took it out a couple years ago I kept all the good bits.

Sounds like my kids are like your dog!

Comment

Working...
                                X