No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIR or as our tutor at Hereford tec called it virgins is rare.Hell 34 years later and thats the only thing i remember from the calc's classes.

Comment

• Reg. I have a longnose now and with the bigger bulbs I don't have a problem. Never seen an upgrade for longnose anyway. Is there one for it if so I will look into it

Anyway.thanks. Happy New year to all

Comment

• Happy New Year Paul, its light i should be under the van drilling that bolt out.

Comment

• Yeah happy new year to to si. And good luck drilling it out it ain't that warm to be doing things like this

Comment

• Engine mount repair bracket mark 2.The webs for the mount were broken off the cylinder block, i suspect in the accident. I made a bracket with two studs welded on which was extended to fit two threaded holes further down the block. Well the ffing weld broke allowing it all to drop shearing the one bolt in two of the remaining block holes and it all pivoted downwards, thankfully stopping short of killing the inner cv joint on the wishbone mount. Anyway the sheared bolt came out with a tap from a centre punch as with the bolt head gone and it not bottomed out there was no tension on it thank feck. So i copied my bracket but with steel plate twice as thick and after drilling the holes for the studs to hold the engine mount i counter sunk the back side so i could fill with weld to hopefully insure its welded fully this time.Did wonder orginally if the bolts i used were up to the job so this time i used some golf 4 engine mounting bolts with the heads cut off. If it fails again i think it'll be my head that gets cut off. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4254.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	875.0 KB
ID:	317342Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4255.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	879.7 KB
ID:	317343

Comment

• Nice job mate. Bleeding things

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

• Heres the repair bracket offered up.The mount bolts to the two studs and the lower hole on the block. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4258.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	658.1 KB
ID:	317422

Comment

• The proper engineers on here would come up with something better but i'll be buggered if i can see another way of doing it seeing as how cast is such a pain to weld successfully.

Comment

• You can see the broken section along the top, broken right through the thread where the engine mount bracket fits. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4260.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	659.4 KB
ID:	317433

Comment

• And thats it finished, well not exactly, You see the web with the thread in it? Well the lower cambelt cover wont go past that. Doh! So it all came off again to put the cover on. The 1.9's dont have that as i cant remember taking the mount off to do S49s cambelt.The eagle eyed will spot the nylocks dont engage the studs i made up so they will be replaced with flange nuts asap. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4261.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	653.5 KB
ID:	317479

Comment

• Bump for Pdubs page 13 mate.

Comment

• Was planning on finishing S49 today, jumped in Moll's blue bus turned the key and all we got was a heavy click. So the starter i took off S49 to move the doka has now gone on the blue one and i'm no nearer to finishing the white one. Bugger.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Was planning on finishing S49 today, jumped in Moll's blue bus turned the key and all we got was a heavy click. So the starter i took off S49 to move the doka has now gone on the blue one and i'm no nearer to finishing the white one. Bugger.
                            It’s a juggling act owning 3 vans , I thought you’d have a spare starter for Justin ?

Comment

• At the moment i have one between three.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Was planning on finishing S49 today, jumped in Moll's blue bus turned the key and all we got was a heavy click. So the starter i took off S49 to move the doka has now gone on the blue one and i'm no nearer to finishing the white one. Bugger.
                                Just get rid of that sodding doka, it's a pain in the arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X