No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came home and found she'd dived straight in. On the job training I think they call it.

Comment

• Interior lights now working from the sliding and rear doors. Front switch's corroded so ordered four febi ones. I said the warranty claims would run and run. She;s paying so I told her she needed four. Same on a Doka haha dasterturdly motor trade man ripping her off.

Comment

• Bit more warranty work. Amazing, lights that come on when you open the doors. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4180.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	647.6 KB
ID:	313286Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4181.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	726.7 KB
ID:	313287Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4182.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	648.1 KB
ID:	313288Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4183.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	704.0 KB
ID:	313289

Comment

• Bullet holed and fogged up head light replaced, uprated bulbs and a wiring loom upgrade fitted which is a bit "old hat" for most on here. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4214.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	790.7 KB
ID:	313753Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4215.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	780.6 KB
ID:	313754Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4216.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	708.6 KB
ID:	313755Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4217.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	729.6 KB
ID:	313756

Comment

• Smart looking van this.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

• The new head light looks to have a blue tinge?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

• Not sure..............

Comment

• Could be that bloody sparkle reflecting,the old one didn't do it as its full of fog.? I noticed the new headlight plugs I soldered in when doing the rebuild have started to melt around the main beam connection.We did have Aldi "uprated bulbs" in it. Same wattage as standard 472 bulbs. What i'm trying to say in my usual round about way is don't fanny around with uprated bulbs till you've fitted a loom upgrade.We don't want photos on here of molten fire balls that used to be t4's.
                  Last edited by S49; 7 November 2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Si. I have. 100 watt bulbs in mine. No upgraded loom they are well bright

Comment

• Never seen a long nose wiring upgrade kit for sale Paul so perhaps the long nose has a better loom then the short nose. I wouldnt advice running big wattage bulbs in a short nose with the standard loom

Comment

• Thought the gear linkage had gone today, no 5th and getting reverse instead of first. But no when i got home i found the repair i did to the off side engine mount had failed.Now i have a sheared off bolt to extract and then make a beefer bracket. Mind while its off i've offered it up to the 1.8t. the holes line up but theres a part of the bracket that will need cutting off the one i have coming from feabay. Hope for pictures tomorrow of how i repair it properly this time. It did to 3000 miles. The local Peugeot agent put a 3000 mile and 3 month disclaimer on their work so its borderline whether Mol will get a bill or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Thought the gear linkage had gone today, no 5th and getting reverse instead of first. But no when i got home i found the repair i did to the off side engine mount had failed.Now i have a sheared off bolt to extract and then make a beefer bracket. Mind while its off i've offered it up to the 1.8t. the holes line up but theres a part of the bracket that will need cutting off the one i have coming from feabay. Hope for pictures tomorrow of how i repair it properly this time. It did to 3000 miles. The local Peugeot agent put a 3000 mile and 3 month disclaimer on their work so its borderline whether Mol will get a bill or not.
                          Old mate from Devon had a similar issue - local garage tried to tell him that his gearbox was fooked, turned out it was just the mount coming loose.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Just T4s

'00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• No mate front mount, thread broken off the block. Made a repair bracket to use another pair of threaded holes on the block but my bracket was not strong enough and one bolt has sheared off but all repairable with a little thought. The first try lasted 3000 miles.

Comment

• Si. I had the big bulbs in the short nose with no upgrade. Never had a problem

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                                Si. I had the big bulbs in the short nose with no upgrade. Never had a problem
                                No problem, but it would have been so much better with the loom upgrade.

The loom upgrade lessens the voltage drop at the bulb, the more current you draw the greater the voltage drop because V=I x R.

R will be a constant - it's the resistance in the loom
                                I is the current, higher wattage bulb = more I

So to lessen the voltage drop you need to get R to a minimum which is where the upgrade loom works.

Comment

Working...
                                X