No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it failed the emissions last week. 6 percent while the limit is point 3. Fitted a new lambda probe and guess what the same readings...doh! Cat you all say. Well the cat being just a ceramic filter it only makes between 0.5 and 1 percent difference. a motor running right can pass with a de cat pipe. It'll need to look like a cat if you have a jobswort tester. Anything above a one percent fail points towards the dreaded electronics. Tested the resistance of the new probe and all appeared fine, tested the wires to the probe and the heater circuit was fine but nothing down the live wire, should be 0,5 to .0.9 volts running with engine warm.Now those that have followed this from the start in 2018 will remember I had to make a bracket for the engine mount as the threads had broken out of the engine block and the motor was at a terrible angle.So following the loom back from the probe connection block and where it was attached behind the mounting the cover of the wire was stretched and holed. Underneath the wire was broken. All soldered up and we'll try again on Thursday. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3731.JPG Views:	0 Size:	659.9 KB ID:	301767Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3732.JPG Views:	0 Size:	696.2 KB ID:	301768
    Last edited by S49; 16 June 2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Its passed! Next dash lights and temp gauge not working. It seems to have a mark 3 golf dash which may yet go in the bin.

Comment

• Well done Si & Molly.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Its passed! Next dash lights and temp gauge not working. It seems to have a mark 3 golf dash which may yet go in the bin.
          Good news!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• It'll be signed over to the boss once the dash is all working and we have the usual heater direction fault so it may get the Dokas control panel.Then its up to her what sort of awful R and R bed set up she wants to go for.You cant load the cargo bay through the barn doors with a forklift if you have one of those silly things in the back.

Comment

It'll be signed over to the boss once the dash is all working and we have the usual heater direction fault so it may get the Dokas control panel.Then its up to her what sort of awful R and R bed set up she wants to go for.You cant load the cargo bay through the barn doors with a forklift if you have one of those silly things in the back.
              It's a lot comfier than the floor though! Is the clocks not mk4 golf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
                Good news!

Sure is. As a crash repair project its officially finished. 1200 to buy, 1000 to paint front parts,300 quids worth of used bits from the breakers,30 quids worth from central panels 100 quid for various paints,underseal, mig wire and gas, 25 for belt kit and another 60 for service bits and fluids. Just got to tot up my hours and hand her the bill.

Comment

• They look the same as the mark 3 golf we had.I was wondering about a set of golf 4 clocks. I have a spare 03 T4 dash and loom, plus a 96 one with clock but no rev counter.If I run with the 2.4 in the Doka I wont need a rev counter a sun dial will do.

Comment

Sure is. As a crash repair project its officially finished. 1200 to buy, 1000 to paint front parts,300 quids worth of used bits from the breakers,30 quids worth from central panels 100 quid for various paints,underseal, mig wire and gas, 25 for belt kit and another 60 for service bits and fluids. Just got to tot up my hours and hand her the bill.
                    Worth twice that! Itl be payment in kind on I.o.u basis haha

Comment

It's a lot comfier than the floor though! Is the clocks not mk4 golf?

Air bed mate.Best nights sleep I ever get is on a blow up bed with the waves lapping the sea wall at Borth.

Comment

Worth twice that! Itl be payment in kind on I.o.u basis haha

Oh and 120 for the screen fitted.

Comment

They look the same as the mark 3 golf we had.I was wondering about a set of golf 4 clocks. I have a spare 03 T4 dash and loom, plus a 96 one with clock but no rev counter.If I run with the 2.4 in the Doka I wont need a rev counter a sun dial will do.
                          Your correct. Golf 3. Apparently passat to. Heres a list from the other forum. Theres actually a few that fit

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/threads/...els-etc.86937/

Comment

• Cheers mate that could come in handy.

Comment

Oh and 120 for the screen fitted.
                              And 238 for the stainless steel chimney.

Comment

• £3103 all in then

That was in my head so could be wrong
                                Last edited by Fife t4; 18 June 2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X