Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternator Woes (bit of a long one sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brush pack for the alternator was £15 off eBay about 20 minutes to fit 🤠[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by john metrac View Post
      The brush pack for the alternator was £15 off eBay about 20 minutes to fit 🤠[emoji106]

Have you got a part number or link for others to reference?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by john metrac View Post
        The brush pack for the alternator was £15 off eBay about 20 minutes to fit ��[emoji106]

What engine was that buddy? something tells me it's going to take me longer than that!!

Part ordered should be here tomorrow fingers crossed.
        Last edited by ricrhys; 20 July 2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Takes longer to get the under tray off than replace the brushes. Don't bother removing the alt, easy enough to do in situ.

Don't bother dropping the rad into service mode, you do not gain anything.

Any work on the alt is best attempted from the underside of the van on 2.5 and 1.9 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Takes longer to get the under tray off than replace the brushes. Don't bother removing the alt, easy enough to do in situ.

Don't bother dropping the rad into service mode, you do not gain anything.

Any work on the alt is best attempted from the underside of the van on 2.5 and 1.9 versions.
            Nice one, cheers Reg.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Have you got a part number or link for others to reference?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
              BR14-MO F 00M 145 225 is the code for a Bosch alternator for a 2.5 AJT

Comment

Got the under pan off in no time at all, stripped the back of the alt in situ in no time at all, realised I had the wrong fecking regulator in about ten seconds flat, arse!!!!

While I was up on the wooden ramps I did the gear linkage bushings, bit of a faff but the 20t press sorted it, took the whole selector arm off and did it all on the bench, after reading up I didn’t fancy cocking about with that in situ.

Comment

At least its a dry run for when you get the right one. Whens the show you were aiming for?

Comment

Got the right one coming Monday £40, shows dubtoberfest leaving Friday

Comment

You'll have it done then, tidy.

Comment

So it turned into a bit of a faff, only a little one though....

Turns out it’s not the first time the bushes have been done and whoever did it last chewed two of the screws that hold in the regulator, no end of trying was budging them in situ so off it came...

About two and a half hours in total, I’m happy with that considering.

It did throw up a couple of questions though, way back my aircon packed in. Today I found the plug on the pump has nothing plugged into it, I think I found what’s meant to be plugged in, would this affect the aircon working.

Here’s what I think should be plugged in.

Oh and this was on the ground after it’s off one of he pulley wheels, is it essential.

Comment

If that plug goes to the electromagnetic clutch then it should click in when the aircon is switched on.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            If that plug goes to the electromagnetic clutch then it should click in when the aircon is switched on.
                            So the aircon wouldn’t work without it?

Comment

No, because if thats the clutch plug its that,that pulls in the clutch to stop the pulley just freewheeling. If you stand by a car running with the aircon on you'll hear the pulley clicking in and out pull the plug off and it stays disengaged.

Comment

Got it sorted for the weekend Ric mate?

Comment

Working...
                                X