Well. What Can I Say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. What Can I Say?

After some badgering from a certain section on here this evening the collar finally came of the pump. The boost got wound up to. Then on road test I nearly shat me self. After two ten mile road tests I chickened out a bit. Thinking "its going far too well I must of over done the boost" so being the wimp I am I backed the actuator off a turn. It still goes really well and i'm thinking bugger the cargo bay build next on the hit list is an intercooler and a boost gauge. Will have to trawl the scrappies and see what I can unearth. Do they still do those T17 stickers?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Welcome aboard. Enjoy the journey with us.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Nice one have to try n tackle this myself...good results?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s
      IF ITS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT

Comment

Very funny Rob . Took the pump up till the idle increased then backed a smidgen. Shortened the actuator by two and a half turns to start with. But with no gauge thought it best to back off a bit. But the difference is marked. Seems so responsive now. Clueless as to intercooler location. Did think behind bumper with false foglight grille but haven't even looked room wise.Reg seems dead against top mount. But I want the front to look as factory as possible. Answers on a post card please.
        Last edited by S49; 18 July 2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOPJOP T4 View Post
          Nice one have to try n tackle this myself...good results?

Oh yes. Its a fair difference.

Comment

I've got an inter cooler if you want it. Huskyman said he did, but didn't come back to me...so you can have it???

Comment

That sounds like a plan mate, thanks.

Comment

I'll bring it on Sunday?

Comment

Anyone got Any recomendatations on decent brands of properly calibrated boost gauges on the market

IF ITS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT

Comment

Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                    I'll bring it on Sunday?
                    Yes please Jez.

Comment

Originally posted by MOPJOP T4 View Post
                      Anyone got Any recomendatations on decent brands of properly calibrated boost gauges on the market

That was going to be my very next question.

Comment

MORE POWER!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Very funny Rob . Took the pump up till the idle increased then backed a smidgen. Shortened the actuator by two and a half turns to start with. But with no gauge thought it best to back off a bit. But the difference is marked. Seems so responsive now. Clueless as to intercooler location. Did think behind bumper with false foglight grille but haven't even looked room wise.Reg seems dead against top mount. But I want the front to look as factory as possible. Answers on a post card please.
                          You only need a small IC Si, it'll make the install easier in regards to hoses needed and location. If you're on a budget a Pug 207 or something similar plus you might be able to use the hoses off a donor car.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Are you going to the Griffins head on Sunday activ???

Comment

Nice work Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X