Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the down pours this morning there was a break in the weather..... mow grass , pull the bonnet out of the shed, wipe down with Upol System 20 degreaser and try and lay down some paint. Heres the paint coat after one 500ml can of Upol Satin Black. It's warm and the can nozzle isn't delivering right so I release the "man pressure" and feed the paint out trying to feel and lock-in the finger pressure needed. It's a really fine paint mist so I decide to work my way around the bonnet delivering the one can in one go.... it works (one can = one coat) delivering a blind man's even distribution of paint. Towards the dregs of the can, I move to the rear of the bonnet and spray down and away from the edge just in case it starts to spatter. Give it 20 minutes before my last and final can. I am seriously f'in chuffed. Yeh , I know, don't celebrate 'til the fat lady sings.....

Last edited by Activ8; 15 June 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Next can , similar technique to earlier and well it feels like a "success" (well I don't actually f'in know). One can - one coat in one go. Couple of spits this time (advice needed) but the paint mist is fairly even. I might buy another two cans (I'd planned on 4 but due to the poor learning curve, 2 ended up as a primer course! Lol). Advice requested but I'll order two in for Justin.

I might see what Paints4U.com have in a satin finish. The delivery was similar to BH's Electrox and a world apart from Upol in a can.

Comment

• If your just rattling the bonnet get some montanna gold from graff city. Its graffiti paint and has a really high solids content so goes on nice and even

Comment

• Don't tell Reg, there will be big cocks appearing on walls all over north Devonshire.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Don't tell Reg, there will be big cocks appearing on walls all over north Devonshire.
            He's already doing this Si under the pyseudenim "Cocksy" , if it is Reg that is.....this genuine wall art is realy quite pissless.

Comment

• I was thinking EDF for your electurbo as well Rob.

I've got one and I made the mistake of running it in my living room once, every bit of paper went flying around the room, was like being in the crystal maze dome!

After all, you're not necessarily after just the revs, right? As long as it can deliver the pressure and air mass?

If you want something good to watch see if you can get the gadget show episode where he straps 4 x EDFs to a push bike. Gets him up to about 85mph on a runway haha.

I've built myself a drone and has some beefy motors which take a max short duration current of 140A.

I think you should be able to get a decent solution in that arena.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• So this is the kind of sizzle your building?

If so that could be an addition to my mighty scim.....
                But as the ecu is an early ford one it would still need an after market ecu to be able to run?!?!?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                  I was thinking EDF for your electurbo as well Rob.

I've got one and I made the mistake of running it in my living room once, every bit of paper went flying around the room, was like being in the crystal maze dome!

After all, you're not necessarily after just the revs, right? As long as it can deliver the pressure and air mass?

If you want something good to watch see if you can get the gadget show episode where he straps 4 x EDFs to a push bike. Gets him up to about 85mph on a runway haha.

I've built myself a drone and has some beefy motors which take a max short duration current of 140A.

I think you should be able to get a decent solution in that arena.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s
                  Do show your drone bud.
                  Well the revs are relative to the turbo donor being used, spin the compressor wheel at 180k = 1 bar pressure for this GT15 unit.
                  The turbo makes the maths easier, the EDF not so, I think a required airfilter might restrict flow albeit the pipework and bore reduction to up the pressure would be relatively easy to plumb in.
                  Need to do some calcs.
                  Last edited by Activ8; 15 June 2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• I should have had a link there????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112704325629

Comment

• Class mate .... So here's the important part from the Chinese pictures Greeny ....

Max "boost" of 0.21bar at 32000rpm - at 1.9 to 4.8v.... hmmmm OK. Oh this is top class... It states the starting pressure is 0.8bar @ zero volts, so somewhere at altitude, add the 0.21 "boost" , so 1.1bar which is only 0.1 bar greater 'ish' than atmospheric pressure at sea level unless Covid19 is messing with that too.

Comment

• I found this motor on eBay to do some testing with;

Specs
                        Rocket 540 v3 3.5T Modified for 1/10 cars
                        Turns: 3.5T
                        Watts: 600W
                        Max Amps: 130A
                        IO: 8.5A
                        Resistance: 0.0026
                        Kv(RPM/volt): 9250
                        Rotor:¢12.5 *¢5mm
                        Recommended battery: 1S Li-Po

It will run (if it's any good) 111000rpm at max Ampage for 10 seconds. Well that's long enough to spin up for a quarter mile strip run.

With James' (Jumbungla's) help I've also been in touch with a German motor manufacturer who will manufacture me a small robust 200k electric motor for £300 with a decent shaft size.

Comment

• If you do go for a brushless motor, make sure your esc is brushless too.

Comment

• OK. Cheers I think.....
                            Do you have experience with RC models?

I wasn't planning on an RC speed controller although it might be useful. Ill read up on these ESC's but I've already got the EGR map to play with. If anything an Assberry Pi might be more apprpriate. I could use the EGR voltage output to control a diverter for secondary cooling system using e-turbo or more toys such as water/meth injection etc.

An electric turbo would work on any vehicle including your "beloved" so let's see how we get on. PS - I wasn't taking the piss at your eBay find (enough have sold by the looks) but the Chinese Sales Pitch in the ad - class. (THUMBS UP emoji)

Comment

• Amongst painting the downstairs hall way I've been researching some compressor maps .... I've got a lot of turbos and it dawned on me whilst trying to sleep last night that a bigger compressor wheel will need less revs for the pressure output. What size wheel fits the pressure requirement at a lower rpm?

This MHI one will run 1 bar at 105k

Comment

• 15 inch? No idea
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X