Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery this morning - unfortunately not the Easter Bunnys' PS3 game from Grandma for the lad who's now got a bag on , but these flat wheel centres, bland, black, badgeless, could you say boring? Pics to follow.

Don't wheel centres make such a difference to the look? Drags the colour around them into the perception.

The 19 " Lorinser alloys take a 75mm centre cap. Similar to some old skool Merc rims. Originally I had 3 Audi style self builds (lost one) & an original Merc. Changing the tyres spurred me to sort the centres out.

Think I prefer the silver centres from the original Merc centre. The outer ring and star unclip. Found some without chrome too.
    Last edited by Activ8; 11 April 2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Just collected these this morning , frames for the twin LED headlights. They're not correct per my drawings but something to play with while the new plates are cut over the next few days. A little disappointed but part of the process I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Part of the process, Turk said that 30 year ago............................................... .................................................. ..........

Comment

• I take it Projekt2 lights are that hard to get making your own is the only option? Cos Turks is ongoing, activs giving it a bash and I'm sure Reg said he'd had a go previously aswell?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• I think turk maybe regs alter ego

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• hmmmm we'll see....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Just collected these this morning , frames for the twin LED headlights. They're not correct per my drawings but something to play with while the new plates are cut over the next few days. A little disappointed but part of the process I suppose.

What angle are the light backs at relative to the flat face at the rear of the lens? Are they inclined down from horizontal and by how much? The standard H4
                is at quite a radical angle relative to the lens,

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

What angle are the light backs at relative to the flat face at the rear of the lens? Are they inclined down from horizontal and by how much? The standard H4 is at quite a radical angle relative to the lens,
                  By my rudimentary calcs the reflector face is at 40 degrees to the back of the H4 lamp. Ive set the centre of both of the LED lamps at the reflectors centre line and front face square to this angle. Did that answer your questions? Dip beam is 1.2° which I can adjust this through the oem adjusters albeit the led dip beam is more directional.

Last edited by Activ8; 16 April 2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Collected the corrected templates albeit I've yet to measure it all against the drawings.

Comment

• Had the angle grinder out over the last few days and this was on my T2D list..... thought it might be a useful cooling / heat exchanger option for the future. Cheap Sharan EGR so I trimmed off the EGR connections to leave a raised lip for securing a hose. Quality steel & fixings with an ID is 52mm on this model with 31 x 5mm ID tubes set inside. Remember to check your cuts to ensure the unit is still water tight. Soak in clothes detergent to clean the tubes.

Last edited by Activ8; 25 April 2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Whats the plan with that Rob?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Whats the plan with that Rob?
                          Nothing at the mo Si.... its just looks useful!

Comment

• New leisure battery turned up today with Yodel.... odd - I'd not heard a peep from them since I ordered a couple of weeks back, the delivery time had slipped from next day to 5-7days and then to the end of May. I chased them this morning just asking if the delivery time was still good. Got a very apologetic reply and the advice that the delivery time for end of May is realistic and a request to confirm that was still OK. I replied stating its fine I'm in no hurry. Anyway it's here for £63 & tested at 12.86v out the box. It's on charge now and I'll stick a known load on it for a few hours before retesting.

Last edited by Activ8; 7 May 2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Made a quick call to the powder coaters to check if theyre taking on private work yet and they're not. So I thought Id finish off my springs with the Rustbusters EM121 1.25l Starter Kit in Carbon Grey.

Thought I'd get the lad involved after home schooling and a little phys.

MISTAKE.

Im unsure whether he was retaliating about his Monday program but he decided to "misunderstand" the mixing formula & volume required to paint two small rear springs and failed to compute the 1:1 mixing ratio while I made the tea. I reckoned 100ml would be ample plus leave a little spare to waste on a couple of garden tools that had been in the citric bath for a couple or three days.

Instead he'd mixed almost 400ml .. FFS - I was not a happy parent, so even the grass roller is now carbon grey!

Last edited by Activ8; 18 May 2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• That grass roller is on point!.

p.s. I think that means cool.
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X