Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That stuffs awesome sprayed my bay chassis with it 2 years ago creeps into every where

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• Just had an emailed quote for shot blasting and powder coating in black from Sarah @ Langley Coatings Ltd which is just up the road;

Qty 4 x 18x8.5J Used Alloys
      Qty 2 x Rear T4 Springs
      Qty 2 x T4 Van Cill Sidebars by Fuck Muppet

£110 + VAT

Thought thats a pretty good price? £13.75 per item!!!
      Albeit theyre closed to the pubic. So I'll ask my mates garage to send them over next week maybe..

Comment

• That’s a really good price,

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• That is good Rob.

Comment

• That’s a very good price , cheapest I got quoted down here in Wales was £30 a wheel .

Comment

• Thats ridiculously cheap, one of the best and cheapest local ones to me (Metal Magic Barnsley) charge 200 + vat for blasting and coating 4 18" alloys

Comment

• I reread my emailed request for the quote - it's very clear, itemised, I stated the condition and each item was measured as requested so unless Sarah messed up I'll hold them to it. It's in writing.

Just got to finish the square cill bars today.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Last edited by Activ8; 5 April 2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Im joining in with the Citric Acid experiment, Got both crusty Cross-Memebers and 360 Litre wheelie-bin cleaned out and good to go. 5KG bag of Citric coming tmrw. Im still unsure of the correct mix/percentages thing... if im filling up a 360 litre bin. How does a total numpty like me calculate that?

Comment

• I just had my shot blasted 20 quit ,no vat only one hole

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by T4vancalledStan View Post
                      Im joining in with the Citric Acid experiment, Got both crusty Cross-Memebers and 360 Litre wheelie-bin cleaned out and good to go. 5KG bag of Citric coming tmrw. Im still unsure of the correct mix/percentages thing... if im filling up a 360 litre bin. How does a total numpty like me calculate that?
                      Why not try and descale your kettle (normally 1.5L) and get a ratio guide that way?
                      Start with a cold kettle to replicate the citric "bin"ge for your larger parts experiment.
                      Then try a rusty spanner or tool with the ratios you're playing with to gauge the effect and timing.
                      Heating the water up and boiling will speed up the process. So might be a good idea to get the water and bin into the sun for a free warm up plus start small. My springs to just 12 hours with boiling kettle water. Don't lean over the steaming bucket either (like I did) the vapour whilst aromatically pleasant will strip your nostril linings!

Get a set of decent protective gloves too, its not harsh stuff (the food grade quality) but high ratios can give you a mild skin "burn" on softer skin areas if its not washed off thoroughly and shortly after immersion with clean water.

Comment

• That really looks the part. So is that a layer or three of silver metal paint over it or what? Ive requested a quote but i think given the current issues with coronavirus, i'm not gonna hold my breath waiting on a Reply.

Comment

• No.just back from sand blasting. Got to paint it tomorrow after i fuck up the welding haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            No.just back from sand blasting. Got to paint it tomorrow after i fuck up the welding haha

That looks really good... Wait... You said sand blasting?.. You mean shot-blasting??? Really not much welding to do there. You'll be alright. Are you Priming then couple coats of metal paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by T4vancalledStan View Post

That looks really good... Wait... You said sand blasting?.. You mean shot-blasting??? Really not much welding to do there. You'll be alright. Are you Priming then couple coats of metal paint?
                              U right shot not sand. Primer. Matt black and cavity wax

Comment

• This is not for dinner tonight, about a dozen rusty screws, bolts, washers & nuts.. in boiling water.. that smell eh?!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X