Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the springs out of the cold citric solution and replaced with a pair of 313mm caliper carriers.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Made a several calls this morning to get quotes for powder coating, most were polite but asked me to call back in a few weeks time.
      One business took my call and stated "we're closed" before I spoke then asked if I was a business, "nope" , "yeh we're closed" ...ie not taking any non-business / privateeer work but then proceeded to read the riot act to me about aiding and abetting citizens in breaking the law and the rules and regulations concerning the Covid-19, that I should stay at home. "WTF, I am at home asking for a quote"! I repeated my request for a "simple quote" but then they hung up!
      The third Langley Coatings Ltd were the most professional, asked for pictures, dimensions and advised at least a two month waiting list mainly due to a backlog. I'll email them later. Might get some 18" wheels done in Matt Black.
      I feel proper deflated by the whole experience.

Comment

• How dull are some folk? Do they not want any work when restrictions start to lift.Last monday I spent all afternoon on the blower explaining to clients were shutting for 16 weeks and I didn't get one complaint. I also took dozens of orders for when we return again no one moaned. A couple said "there will be no shows this summer the jeeps going nowhere please take my order".

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Made a several calls this morning to get quotes for powder coating, most were polite but asked me to call back in a few weeks time.
          One business took my call and stated "we're closed" before I spoke then asked if I was a business, "nope" , "yeh we're closed" ...ie not taking any non-business / privateeer work but then proceeded to read the riot act to me about aiding and abetting citizens in breaking the law and the rules and regulations concerning the Covid-19, that I should stay at home. "WTF, I am at home asking for a quote"! I repeated my request for a "simple quote" but then they hung up!
          The third Langley Coatings Ltd were the most professional, asked for pictures, dimensions and advised at least a two month waiting list mainly due to a backlog. I'll email them later. Might get some 18" wheels done in Matt Black.
          I feel proper deflated by the whole experience.
          The stress is getting to some people, the stable owners across the way have lost the plot. put up loads of covid 19 warning signs, locking the access gate to the farm and shouting at people to go away despite the fact they may have reason to be there.

Ironic thing is, it's not where they live, they are having to travel some distance to get to the stable, tend their horse and work on their allotment, they spent all weekend working on the allotment and shouting at people

A couple in their sixties were arguing in wickes car park yesterday, rather the bloke was shouting at her. It has been a long time since I've heard anyone abuse their partner so openly and visciously in public, and I've never heard it come from someone old enough to know better. I really wish I had done something about it. It really was quite distressing to witness. The bloke needed a fucking slap, but I dont have a 2m reach.

Forget powder coat for now, As previously suggested, buy some por-15 or rustbuster epoxy mastic and do it yourself, listen to reg's pearls regarding painting stuff - have I ever led you wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

The stress is getting to some people, the stable owners across the way have lost the plot. put up loads of covid 19 warning signs, locking the access gate to the farm and shouting at people to go away despite the fact they may have reason to be there.

Ironic thing is, it's not where they live, they are having to travel some distance to get to the stable, tend their horse and work on their allotment, they spent all weekend working on the allotment and shouting at people

A couple in their sixties were arguing in wickes car park yesterday, rather the bloke was shouting at her. It has been a long time since I've heard anyone abuse their partner so openly and visciously in public, and I've never heard it come from someone old enough to know better. I really wish I had done something about it. It really was quite distressing to witness. The bloke needed a fucking slap, but I dont have a 2m reach.

Forget powder coat for now, As previously suggested, buy some por-15 or rustbuster epoxy mastic and do it yourself, listen to reg's pearls regarding painting stuff - have I ever led you wrong?
            You managed to get to Wickes ?..... lucky you, albeit you have a "Get Out Of Jail Card" but yep, its a funny old World at the mo.
            Derbyshires' finest have been rather officious around us, well the younger spotty types or those wearing 19th Century Peelers beards in an attempt to add maturity to their positions.

I've forgotten powder coating for now, but reread your pearls of wisdom and painting advice at 2am this morning.
            Bilt Hamber sell the Epoxy Mastic you suggested, I started here as the products just work plus theres plenty of advice and guidance in applying it. £30 for 1 litre in black, grey or white. https://www.bilthamber.com/epoxy-mastic . Thirty quid looks very good value when I looked on eBay & Amazon. I've got the other BH prep materials. So this is looking like a good route. Question - the epoxy mastics and POR15 products seem to come up as caliper paints, high temp paints and high quality floor paint. All of which I have, ... 50L of floor paint (sorry not looked at the specifics off of the tin, but it was bloody expensive) would these work? I'll read the tins and hold off on the BH order.

Oh and thanks.

Comment

You managed to get to Wickes ?..... lucky you, albeit you have a "Get Out Of Jail Card" but yep, its a funny old World at the mo.
              Derbyshires' finest have been rather officious around us, well the younger spotty types or those wearing 19th Century Peelers beards in an attempt to add maturity to their positions.

I've forgotten powder coating for now, but reread your pearls of wisdom and painting advice at 2am this morning.
              Bilt Hamber sell the Epoxy Mastic you suggested, I started here as the products just work plus theres plenty of advice and guidance in applying it. £30 for 1 litre in black, grey or white. https://www.bilthamber.com/epoxy-mastic . Thirty quid looks very good value when I looked on eBay & Amazon. I've got the other BH prep materials. So this is looking like a good route. Question - the epoxy mastics and POR15 products seem to come up as caliper paints, high temp paints and high quality floor paint. All of which I have, ... 50L of floor paint (sorry not looked at the specifics off of the tin, but it was bloody expensive) would these work? I'll read the tins and hold off on the BH order.

Oh and thanks.

Got to wickes, couldn't get in, homebase the same, and screwfix, so tried B&M which because they are a food shop, are open for you to get all your essentials.

Not seen any 5-0 since last week, I am carrying papers though.

No idea on the BH epoxy, but suspect it's good stuff. Have used a lot of rustbuster epoxy and it is brilliant - go to rust.co.uk, read the independent tests

Click image for larger version

Name:	6cff28fa-806d-4a4d-ac38-3f2888f775bb.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	291848

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Got to wickes, couldn't get in, homebase the same, and screwfix, so tried B&M which because they are a food shop, are open for you to get all your essentials.

Not seen any 5-0 since last week, I am carrying papers though.

No idea on the BH epoxy, but suspect it's good stuff. Have used a lot of rustbuster epoxy and it is brilliant - go to rust.co.uk, read the independent tests

Click image for larger version

Name:	6cff28fa-806d-4a4d-ac38-3f2888f775bb.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	291848
                Cheers Reg. EM121 - Broader choice of colours similar value. Will have a read up.

Comment

• An impressive read. I've ordered a tin in carbon grey. Hope it turns up quicker than my adjusters.

Comment

• Thanks Kev (Fruitbat) the refurbished adjusters arrived back this morning. Despite Kevs fast turn around , it's taken 7 days for 1st class signed for. How on Earth industry is coping with delivery time scales like these!

Comment

• Bloody marvellous, 2nd delivery by RM (odd but welcomed) of these finely honed and machined pieces of Fruitbat engineering. Mate ... I could stick them on a shelf and just admire them. Money well spent.

Comment

• Thanks Rob , I was getting a little worried with the Royal Mail’s slow delivery , I’m glad they finally landed with you

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                          Thanks Rob , I was getting a little worried with the Royal Mail’s slow delivery , I’m glad they finally landed with you
                          In 3rd World Counties these adjusters would be worshipped and a fire lit for all night dancing and frivolities! (Cue up Si for a picture dancing round his hobo bin fire naked! Give it large Si!!!)

Comment

• They should be worshipped too

Comment

In 3rd World Counties these adjusters would be worshipped and a fire lit for all night dancing and frivolities! (Cue up Si for a picture dancing round his hobo bin fire naked! Give it large Si!!!)

That would defiantly get the Old Bill out. And head us towards gatherings of one being banned forever.

Comment

• FedEx delivery received this morning. Great service from Rustbuster (rust.co.uk). They sell on eBay but I could only find three colours in the RM121 range, black,grey & white. Whereas there's all sorts on their website for a few pence more.

Last edited by Activ8; 2 April 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X