Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that better?
    Deleted and resubmitted the pictures individually.

Comment

• Yup can see them now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        With the Mrs at work, me and the lad nipped out to the breakers with a few tools and a hammer for me ....
        Unsure whether a newcomer had parked in the wrong bay I double checked with the lad in the next door tyre fitting bay who confirmed the TT 180 was for processing ..... after 0.4 of a second thought and prior to it having its fluids spilled, I upset a few onlookers and man spread my tools over my new adopted TT. The seats were pretty OK, so I tagged them asked for a reserve & price once its been through the workshop. My TT is the 225, so I'm familiar with the layout, removing the engine cover revealed what looked like a water cooled turbo (K03/K04) complete albeit the DP was rotten (boo) not ALL TT's had the water cooled bearing housing (luvely jubbly). Tagged it with a few other bits as it was driven into the bay. Unbeknownst to me the engine and gearbox had already been sold/collared, so the turbo was pulled off for me along with a few other peripherals by the wreckers..... the seats were too expensive so I left them with an offer of £60 for the interior. Stripped of all the cash I had on me, I recovered a few tools I'd lent to a fellow Stig, then bounced back to the van after a pleasant walk around the yard grinning like the Mad Hatter. Result. Pics to follow....

What alloys were on the tt activ? I'm after a set of 5 x 100, 9 spoke 18's

Comment

• I've got a set in the garage but think they're copies. Put 19's on our TT. Pic below.

Comment

• That's the style I'm after. Are yours for sale?

Comment

• Yep , pm me an offer.

Comment

• The truck turbo turned up this morning, 103mm inlet 40mm outlet with 7+7 bladed compressor, a design often used for race turbos to produce more airmass. The compressor wheel alone is worth more than I paid for the complete unit.

I'm taking some advice on it to either sell or modify it.

Last edited by Activ8; 25 February 2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• "Houston - have I got a problem?" - collected the lad from school yesterday afternoon. The engine / fuel upto temp we headed home - a crisp afternoon, the van drives really well. Whilst waiting at school I'd heard a rubbing sound switched the cab heater fan off and popped the bonnet - looks like the aux belt is slightly rubbing the engine timing cover. Cover is closed with no movement. Must be the new Hella alternator I'd fitted last year , tolerances slightly off perhaps? There's not a lot of room 2-3 mm iirc normally but defo no rubbing.... back to the concerning symptoms on the ride home.... traffic was heavy and noted the van seemed to be rolling coal/grey smoke more than usual especially when static.... wtf?, the traffic started to give me and the 2.5" twin sided exit a wide birth as I smiled at oncoming drivers and pondered the problem and the broader pollution implications of course! (Yeh right).... possible actuator sticking with the turbo cover fitted? Nothing indicative on the drive over to school from cold.... after a prolonged stay in the heaviest period, screen misting up I turned the cab fan back on to 2 and almost instantaneously the smoke and my ability to see it returned to "normal"..... and the traffic moved off, parked on the drive I gave it a rollin coal rev to clear then gave it two mins and switched off to welcome the sister-in-law over for a brew. I haven't popped the bonnet yet to check fluids etc...

Last edited by Activ8; 6 March 2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Thought I'd get a head today, but not too far with a splitting head ache!

Comment

• What have you found?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        What have you found?
                        Nowt - he's bought more shite that he's no use for...

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Nowt - he's bought more shite that he's no use for...
                          Message received Reg.

Comment

• Is that off your van or from a 2.4?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Is that off your van or from a 2.4?
                              It's off of the blue van it's a D5252T head. Hair line crack in the camshaft thats now opened up and snapped completely now the heads off Si.
                              No biggy got another head.

Comment

• I snapped the cam on an ael into three pieces. Never worked out if it snapped because the belt snapped, or if the belt snapped because the cam snapped. Always suspected it span a shell.

Comment

Working...
                                X