Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks too deep in both dimensions - wont fit. It may attach though

Getting the lower edge to blend is tricky, I need a set of the bumper extensions things on mine - I tried Jo's at action as they were detached - looked a treat.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Looks too deep in both dimensions - wont fit. It may attach though

Getting the lower edge to blend is tricky, I need a set of the bumper extensions things on mine - I tried Jo's at action as they were detached - looked a treat.
      Yeh I can see those finishing it off nicely. I keep seeing diffusers that 'might' work, I've got a few now but not seriously thought about it until now as I'm planning this new exhaust layout.

Comment

• Another rear diffuser received this afternoon. I like the fact that the centre cuts back but need to get my spare out to get an idea of the shaping. Mate reckons it could "work" on the front too with twin IC's.

Comment

• The first of a few exhaust tips arrived today. I like the shaping for a single centre tailpipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Just bought a 130Ah Leisure Battery on eBay for £68 delivered.
            https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112427659033
            Got an email off of this eBay Seller this morning offering a further 15% discount on their batteries, they have T4 110 85Ah style for just over £50, 1.9 sized 70Ah 096/100 style for £41ish and a few leisure batteries that looked good value, all with 3 year warranty.

12V 120ah DEEP CYCLE LEISURE Battery, CARAVAN, MOTORHOME, BOAT Sealed for life £59.46 3 year warranty
            https://ebay.us/v6mVyK

Also ECP have 45% of parts for Valentine too using LOVE50 code. Their eBay sites are offering 50% free P&P so shop around!

Comment

• good call - need a new leisure battery

Comment

• Just posting this for reference having done a little research yesterday into buying new batteries for some of my collection , or scrap as the Mrs calls them! Theres a huge variation in pricing if you simply search by vehicle model but use the three digit sizing code/type that the manufacturers use as it can help us mere mortals into making the right buy at the best price. Obviously the front line vendors, sponsored adverts, eBay & Amazon go about obscuring this simple search string confusing the buyer into potentially making the right buy but at a higher price to their benefit. If you buy by the battery type you can ignore the blurb, vehicle etc. and concentrate on the price, warranty, p&p you know the important stuff that really affects the consumer! The battery is so important that its worth changing regularly so consider the cost per warranty year so £60 / 4 years = £15 per annum with 3 years its £20pa. Shop around, ECP & Tanya Batteries can offer 4 years warranty and on eBay are reliable, Bosch offer 5 year warranties and can be cheap at Costco. Here's a simple guide ;-)

Type 110 (as used in the T4 & T5 and fits perfectly in the battery tray)
                Capacity 80Ah, CCA700 A, Height 175 mm, Width 175 mm, Length 315 mm,
                Terminals 0/1 (= + on the right), UK Reference No 110, Hold Down B13 (front clamp)

Type 019 (this will also just fit the T4 T5)
                Capacity 95 Ah, CCA800 A, Height 190 mm, Width 175 mm, Length 353 mm,
                Terminals 0/1 (= + on the right), UK Reference No 019, Hold Down B13 (front clamp)

Type 096 (used on many VAG vehicles including 1.9TD, and 1.9TDI's)
                Capacity 70 Ah, CCA640 A, Height 190 mm, Width 175 mm, Length 278 mm
                Terminals 0/1 (= + on the right), UK Reference No 096, Hold Down B13 (front clamp)

Type 100 (used on many VAG vehicles including 1.9TD, and 1.9TDI's)
                Capacity 70 Ah, CCA640 A, Height 175 mm, Width 175 mm, Length 278 mm
                Terminals 0/1 (= + on the right), UK Reference No 100, Hold Down B13 (front clamp)

Some of the amp specs may increase slightly as marketing gimmicks or to make the consumer query their choice but most batteries have a tolerance and are often greater when new. Remember to check the battery voltage upon delivery, each battery has a shelf life as the cells degrade over time, 12v or below is discharged (contact the Seller and complain), 12.4V is 50% discharged, 12.7V fully charged so stick it on the charger before fitting and make sure its 12.7V before installing. Write the date of purchase/vendor info on the battery or receipt in the glovebox to keep them to their warranty.

Comment

• As the weathers so crap (hailing here currently) I've started to experiment with rewriting the timing maps for the first of the three new camshafts profiles which I'm informed is inbound.

Comment

• Bought some new tyres with a larger profile than the 235/35 x 19's, an upgrade to 235/45 x 19 and a 14mm greater tyre wall. Got a great deal £160 all in for cash. The reviews seem to rate these Landsail LS588.... We'll see. Might get them fitted to new rims!
                    Last edited by Activ8; 17 February 2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Tyre Load Index in Lbs & Kg
                      (thought this is useful)

Comment

• Picked this turbo up last night whilst browsing eBay. Its a Borg Wagner S200S Merc truck turbo often fitted by tuners to older 5 & 6 cylinder MB's to produce 500+bhp. The Seller had mispelled the truck name plus listed the part number incorrectly adding spaces as labelled on its NEW Merc box! It's equivalent to a twin scroll Garrett GT3576.

Did a few calcs against the compressor and turbine maps and plotted the T4 2.5TDI's data running upto 42psi @ 5k rpm, the figures are coming out with 537hp & 564ftlb for a single turbo build. The red dots represent increasing rpm starting at 2000rpm. I would need to calculate the cylinder pressures then have a word with ARP, but Im sure Darkside have ran similar pressures and more on standard bottom ends.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Activ8; 23 February 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• With the Mrs at work, me and the lad nipped out to the breakers with a few tools and a hammer for me ....
                          Unsure whether a newcomer had parked in the wrong bay I double checked with the lad in the next door tyre fitting bay who confirmed the TT 180 was for processing ..... after 0.4 of a second thought and prior to it having its fluids spilled, I upset a few onlookers and man spread my tools over my new adopted TT. The seats were pretty OK, so I tagged them asked for a reserve & price once its been through the workshop. My TT is the 225, so I'm familiar with the layout, removing the engine cover revealed what looked like a water cooled turbo (K03/K04) complete albeit the DP was rotten (boo) not ALL TT's had the water cooled bearing housing (luvely jubbly). Tagged it with a few other bits as it was driven into the bay. Unbeknownst to me the engine and gearbox had already been sold/collared, so the turbo was pulled off for me along with a few other peripherals by the wreckers..... the seats were too expensive so I left them with an offer of £60 for the interior. Stripped of all the cash I had on me, I recovered a few tools I'd lent to a fellow Stig, then bounced back to the van after a pleasant walk around the yard grinning like the Mad Hatter. Result. Pics to follow....

Last edited by Activ8; 23 February 2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Pics are showing like lines of code for me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice one! Yeah pics ain't coming up mate

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

• I can see a water cooled turbo,a fuel filler flap and some vents.

Comment

Working...
                                X