Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    They'd look better on a christmas tree.
    About swamper height then..... Baaaa humbug,

Comment

• The newly lightened and balanced flywheel came back today. Weighing in at 9.8kg about a 20% reduction. The advice I've been given is to stay DMF, but often the SMF's are too light, so 20% represents a better balance than the 7kg Sachs units or the 3.5kg race and track versions!

Pic on scales to follow.
      Last edited by Activ8; 9 November 2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Turbo parts received Saturday to compliment the rest in the stock cupboard.
        After an additional £43 in VAT, fees and duty the DHL driver handed over my newest and largest compressor housing and wheel. It's designed for the Nissan Skyline TD05. Compressor wheel is 60.2 / 78mm and the largest (+25%) billet race wheel I can find to compliment the shaft and TD05 56mm turbine. Being a 'superback design' it's easier to fit as unlike most of the Garret & KKK Borgwagner units as theres no machining of the backplates required to accommodate the larger exducer size. The housing is cast and machined to match the compressor wheel. The Kinugawa parts are seriously good quality. The compressor housing is designed with an anti surge (I'll show a pic below) this allows surplus boosted air to flow back through the turbine when you take your foot off of the throttle reducing surges or stalls that can snap the turbine shaft.

The anti -surge housing design relates to the holes spaced around the 76mm inlet, these holes allow for a back or stalled air pressure of boosted air to flow in the opposite direction to the huge suction forces being created in the inlet by bypassing the compressor wheel.

The threaded holes around the rear housing face allow for the oem 1 bar actuator to be fitted when the compressor housing is clocked for the specific engine application. The advantages of us buying Japanese turbochargers from performance cars is the array of quality wheels, housings, components and info on them. Try and find a turbine housing with a common sized 'T' exhaust inlet (T2 or T25) and large V band outlet then it's easier to make up the manifold and down pipe adaptors to suit. Just a few parts to buy and I'll start building these twin units up.
        Kunigawa_TD05 TD06 25G Compressor Map
        Last edited by Activ8; 13 January 2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Received this morning. A pair of Turbo Dynamics Nissan GT-R35 Stage 3 Compressor Wheels for the GT2871R / GT3071R . These pair run 900-950 bhp at 28 to 30 psi on the R35.

Superback Design
          Inducer: 53.1mm
          Exducer: 71.0mm
          Tip: 5.6mm
          Height: 34.5mm
          Blades: 6/6
          Weight: 82g

The Bosch 4 bar MAP sensor (0281 006 059 / 03K 906 051) didn't arrive. There are two probe sizes. I went for the large probe version. £14.88 / RRP £20.11.... but Grrrr.
          Last edited by Activ8; 12 November 2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Scrubbed and cleaned the front steps. Very satisfying.
            Last edited by Activ8; 24 November 2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Looks good as new

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• A-Plan Insurance Renewal arrived this morning £331.21 with 5 years NCB which includes a £40 forum discount against a line item called "the administration fee - £40", £15 legal expenses and £38 NCB protection.

I've got until Xmas eve to haggle, review and obtain alternative quotes.

Comment

• Give flux a go, always a good price for me.

Comment

• Try together insurance. I pay £198..

Comment

• Yep. A-Plan had to match the Flux quote last year. I'm sure Reg muted they pay him to use them, as have others recommended. Good service and post quote follow up from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                        Try together insurance. I pay £198..
                        Cheers. There's a few brands using the term "Together" , have you got a number or link?

Comment

• Anybody got an Agreed Value Policy? I've always stated £5k gone fully Comp but having read the "value" clause I think I need to sharpen up by either declaring £50 ((joke) I mean a lower figure reflecting market/evidence) or I can research & retain or obtain an agreed value possibly needing the same background info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Cheers. There's a few brands using the term "Together" , have you got a number or link?
                            01945 465508

Comment

• Yea always have on my vehicles, even if I had to argue to get what I want.
                              Eg getting my scimitar replaced for "insurance value" would be impossible, in fact replacing my car would be impossible, 1, cos there were only 442 built
                              2, its modified so replacing parts would not be possible for a lot of parts.
                              3, it's my car and as such not replaceable.

Had an argument with one company they wouldn't do £15000 on her cos they couldn't find another for sale at they price, they asked for a club valuation (made me laugh cos the person the insurance valuation clerk asked to value this model of scimitar was me as the registrar!!!)

Valued at over the £15000 and they still wouldn't do it.
                              Ended up changing back to flux who had no issue with the £15000.

Flux have had no issue insuring ness at £6000 ish

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                                Yea always have on my vehicles, even if I had to argue to get what I want.
                                Ended up changing back to flux who had no issue with the £15000.

Flux have had no issue insuring ness at £6000 ish

Is that written into the policy docs as an "Agreed Value"?
                                I've got £5k but reading the policy docs and sections on value its a "nominal sum value".
                                I'll reread it and check with A-Plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X