Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are you even bothering with the 02B?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      why are you even bothering with the 02B?
      Because I need a clutch NOW or it needs to come off the road until an alternative gearbox upgrade is found.
      I've got a surplus of clutch parts, so no big deal.

Did some more hunting around on clutch info and some guidance!
      Shadowmakers wifes AEL engined V70 with 240mm SMF and Sachs Race Components, it went through 3 Volvo gearboxes @ 281bhp, 594Nm. The clutch was converted back to DMF but required restricting the torque to 500Nm for the gearbox to hold.

It looks like he ran in the early days his 02G gearbox with Volvo injectors ran 192hp, 460Nm on the standard 220mm Luk clutch - just! Stock clutch holds up to 500Nm. He ran his ACV to 228KW (306bhp) @ 4500rpm & 590Nm (435ft lb) which confirms Darksides Doka output. His advice was that ACV box will take 1000Nm, it'll be the SMF vibration that kills it, not the torque so stay with DMF for big torque and power. Always use Sachs clutch components if possible, his held fine over 20k km with 370bhp & 800Nm! The later clutch was designed for 1200Nm, consisting of an SMF weighing about 3kg, but the weight was very centered with a 180mm twin disk billet aluminum clutch.

Keep your intake temps low use a bigger turbo with lower boost.
      Remember to measure EMP while setting up. Ignore EGT's as its way too slow if you go with VNT.
      Last edited by Activ8; 23 October 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• How do you find anything out about shadowmaker even more his missus, the man was elusive from the start and then just disappeared off the face of the earth
        Last edited by regcheeseman; 24 October 2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• I know this probably won't work for a t4
          but this looks a good price for a box..

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/Xa3OL...uI/vw-gear-box

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers & thanks Greeny, thats a similar 02Q/6spd 350Nm box Reg is working on currently.
            The ratios aren't quite as good but its a good price too.

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
            I know this probably won't work for a t4
            but this looks a good price for a box..

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/Xa3OL...uI/vw-gear-box

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
            Last edited by Activ8; 23 October 2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Thanks to some notes I made years ago I found some info on a recommended VW Transporter clutch supplier , a US brand called SPEC.
              https://www.specclutches.com
              They supply flywheels, organic, sintered, twin plate discs plus heavy duty spring plates for all power ranges.
              Torque Recommendations (Measured at the Flywheel in lb-ft):
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Vw T4 SPEC Clutches Stage to Torque Chart.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	268522
              They can also put together a range of one-off pieces to customer specification.

Name:	VW T4 Shadowshaker 3kgSMF&Stage5TwinPlateClutch .png
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	268521
              Shadowmakers 3KG SMF with twin plate 180mm clutch, good to 885lb-ft (1200Nm).
              Last edited by Activ8; 23 October 2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a good website for camshaft maths and information? Preferably in metric.

I need to convert some cam spec choices I'm being offered into the mapped tables in the ECU.
                I plan to get three camshaft profiles ground for fast street , race and track then run an ACV ECU running three choice maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Can anyone recommend a good website for camshaft maths and information? Preferably in metric.

I need to convert some cam spec choices I'm being offered into the mapped tables in the ECU.
                  I plan to get three camshaft profiles ground for fast street , race and track then run an ACV ECU running three choice maps.
                  Found this (in inches) ,

Name:	VW T4 Camshaft Profile.png
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	268526

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good website for camshaft maths and information? Preferably in metric.

Is this for an 8V diesel van?

Comment

Is what for an 8v van? The picture is from a US Muscle Car site.
                      Its not a ref to 8v diesel specs.

Comment

• Received the OEM VW flywheel bolts today, glad I took 5 mins to check the supplied bolts with the LUK and Valeo kits.
                        Some were not supplied. For reference heres the info applicable for the various engines.

VW T4 4 & 5 cyl 1999-2004 Flywheel Bolts
                        hexagon bolt
                        N90206103
                        M10X1X19,5 8 AET,AEU,APL,
                        AVT,ABL,AAC
                        hexagon bolt
                        N90206103
                        M10X1X19,5 8 automatic:
                        AJA,ACV,AYC,
                        AUF,
                        socket head bolt with inner
                        multipoint head
                        N90665101
                        M10X1X29 8 manual
                        gearbox+
                        AJA,AJT,AYY
                        socket head bolt with inner
                        multipoint head
                        N90665001
                        M10X1X22,30 8 manual
                        gearbox+
                        ACV,AYC
                        hexagon bolt
                        N90705901
                        M10X1X43 8 AHY,AXG
                        Advertised prices on these bolts can be exorbitant and frankly a scene tax rip off when you start to search by part number.
                        The VAG prices are about £2.00 per bolt, I've seen them advertised for £10 each on eBay etc...

I managed buy the LUK bolt kits for between £10 and £12 including delivery.
                        The LUK part number for N90705901 is 411011811, £12 for 8 on eBay.

For reference the same part numbers & identical crankshaft are used across the following engine codes;
                        AJT,ACV,AYC,AUF,AHY,AXG,AYY,AJA,AET,AEU,APL,AVT both manual or automatic gearboxes
                        Also, the ribbed belt pulley with vibration damper is identical for codes AJA,AJT,ACV,AYC,AUF,AYY,AHY,AXG.
                        Last edited by Activ8; 24 October 2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Have you got 1.9TDI camshaft specs from your Caddy days?

Comment

Have you got 1.9TDI camshaft specs from your Caddy days?
                            TDI?

What's a TDI? - It was proper TDs back then....

Good old mechanical tuning, just turn everything up to eleventy.

No camshaft specs.

Comment

TDI?

What's a TDI? - It was proper TDs back then....

Good old mechanical tuning, just turn everything up to eleventy.

No camshaft specs.
                              Ah yeh, I've added an "I" thinking it was a TDI, and you omitted the "UR" ....
                              Eleventy - Devonshire speak for 1.1 I assume?

Pity about the camshafts!
                              Last edited by Activ8; 25 October 2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Received in the post this morning. Same DMF bolts & sizing that are used in the RS4!

Comment

Working...
                                X