Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Ordered 2Kg of Citric Acid Crystals (E330).
    Arrived this morning....

Chucked 50g in the kettle to descale it.
    The packet label instructs to boil for 5-10minutes. You can hear it going to work and smell a lovely citrus odour.
    I wish I’d known about this stuff before binning my expensive steam iron [emoji23]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

• The citric acid is by far the better rust treatment worked great on descaling the kettle too. Anyway stripped the bath/shower combo down in the lads bathroom and gave the thermostatic cassette and valves a soaking.
      Needed a new tool (obvs) for the cassette so bought this 250mm/50mm extra wide adjustable.

50g again in boiling water and let it do its thing.
      While the citric acid is out I found two lollypops and some icing sugar. 1 part citric 3 parts icing sugar (or to taste) and you're transported back in time to sherbert dibdabs - fantastic!
      Last edited by Activ8; 13 October 2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Who'd have thought we'd be getting advice on how to make sherbet on just t4s [emoji23]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• I miss those sherbert dip dabs

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
            I miss those sherbert dip dabs
            https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283039712377

Enjoy

Comment

• For £15 , you could buy 2Kg rather than 138 grams worth as advertised. MAD.

Comment

For £15 , you could buy 2Kg rather than 138 grams worth as advertised. MAD.
                It was just a link to show D-9 that dib dabs were still readily available

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  It was just a link to show D-9 that dib dabs were still readily available
                  Yeh.... if you traded a kidney for 6 Kev.

Comment

The citric acid is by far the better rust treatment worked great on descaling the kettle too. Anyway stripped the bath/shower combo down in the lads bathroom and gave the thermostatic cassette and valves a soaking.
                    Needed a new tool (obvs) for the cassette so bought this 250mm/50mm extra wide adjustable.

50g again in boiling water and let it do its thing.
                    While the citic acid is out I found two lollypops and some icing sugar. 1 part citric 3 parts icing sugar (or to taste) and you're transported back in time to sherbert dibdabs - fantastic!
                    Mmmmmmm Chupa Chups
                    What flavour are/were they?
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      Mmmmmmm Chupa Chups
                      What flavour are/were they?
                      No idea. Bloody stuff exposes all the cuts in your hands though - nice!

Comment

• Data Dump
                        https://www.raptorcoatings.com/us/en/home

Comment

• Don’t get it , why spray it in the bodywork , chassis yes bodywork no , gets a thumbs down from Fruitbat .

Comment

• UPDATE

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            While the citric acid is out I found two lollypops and some icing sugar. 1 part citric 3 parts icing sugar (or to taste) and you're transported back in time to sherbert dibdabs - fantastic!
                            Add a smidge of bicarbonate of soda to the sherbert dibdab mix as it adds a little bitterness to the taste....

Comment

• Received this evening a new Sachs clutch release bearing for the AJT.
                              Sachs pn#3151000388

Comment

• Had the clutch components out today. Its going to be another 3 weeks before I can get on the ramp so thought I'd review my plans.

I pulled out the LuK AXG / AHY 240mm DMF, weighed and measured up. It weighs in at 17.8kg complete, slightly heavier with the SRE (Sachs Race Engineering) sintered disc and heavy duty pressure plate. It's 95mm deep but the starter ring and outer dimensions are identical. The sintered disc is a 23 teeth so cannot be used on the 02B AJT gearbox. Unless I get a 28 toothed disc made I would have to fuddle using a 228mm SMF disc in the DMF setup assuming there's sufficient clearance as the SMF setup is only 80mm deep, 15mm shallower. My fallback is the SMF which in standard form weighs in at 17.1kg. The flywheel alone weighing in at 12.3kg. The Sachs Race 240mm SMF flywheel weighs in at just 7.6kg but the starter ring is positioned differently when compared to the other two. As I've got a few weeks I'm going to have the 228mm flywheel lightened and the balance checked. The flywheel bolts in the SMF kit were too short for the AJT at 19.5mm, so I've ordered 8 x 29mm bolts N90665101 to replace them .
                                Last edited by Activ8; 16 October 2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X