Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Habit mate... clears my head.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Habit mate... clears my head.

Either hat's off or the men in white coats to you mate!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Cannot drive at the mo, so found a MAF airmass map and going to try my mod to it in the van. There's a 30.6% area difference between the 70 & 80mm MAF housings. As the AJT is managed against its airflow my torque/hp was down yesterday. So think and plan pipe diameter changes. Yes - the air is flowing at a greater rate but the added fuel will be relative to the sensor reading.

Comment

Pump tools...

I've a set of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neilsen-B...EAAOSwFMdaaLMI

I got them out for the first time in a long while tonight - I normally use an old single hex 13mm socket that has been dremelled to suit - but it wouln't work for me tonight on a really tight fastener, so I got the proper tools out and did it no problems.

Comment

Cheers Reg.
            Have you got a schematic breakdown of the pump that you could email. Put a call into Bosch and was promised an email but nowt received yet.

Comment

Not for a TDI, plenty for the VE if you want those. Only the lid/throttle mechanism really differs.

Comment

Thanks for the email Reg. [emoji106]

Comment

The problem I've got currently is pressure.... or not beings able to correctly report and diagnose it in VCDS since upgrading to a 3 bar MAP sensor. I've recalibrated the sensor correctly but the 3 pressure readings in VCDS are misreporting the requested boost, the actual boost and atmospheric pressure. The display is maxxing out at 2.6bar.

Comment

Had a little win this afternoon with my VCDS pressure not displaying correctly. Turns out the T4's ECU 8-bit calculation is maxxed out at 2601 mbar and being 8-bit you cannot modify it.

Turns out the ECU's supposed protocols are not following the protocol guidelines. So it must be something older. So in order for the maths to work in the ECU I modified the protocol and have been looking for another formula I can use to display the numbers....

The pressures are about right but the protocol internally is being displayed & identified in VCDS as fuel consumption!

Ah well, it's a real positive step and taken a couple of days to get this far... [emoji38]

Comment

If Sting gets wind of this he's threatened to make another song.

Comment

[emoji44]...[emoji23]
                        Reckon I can rewrite the channel file and another label file in VCDS , might even make the labels amusing!

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Please no !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Don't worry we'll get tommo to divert his attention with his dolphin tales! [emoji23]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Blimey - on que a call from Sting looking to rework an old 1985 number "We Work the Black Steam" ... [emoji23]

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23]🤣

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X