Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
    That's in good nick mate , my needed a bit more effort. But well worth it. I put m- tec in my but only b'cos i used them before and seams to be good stuff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    Lovely job Hans. What paint did you use?

I simply went for price & spent the early hours trawling the net! I'm not paying £140 ('taxed') for a pair of disks, drilled and grooved when the equivalent brembo Merc discs are £50-£60 in Europe.

Comment

• Need the brake lines and would like braided - any info on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Lovely job Hans. What paint did you use?

I simply went for price & spent the early hours trawling the net! I'm not paying £140 ('taxed') for a pair of disks, drilled and grooved when the equivalent brembo Merc discs are £50-£60 in Europe.
        From ebay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Need the brake lines and would like braided - any info on here?
          Put a full set of Goodrich on my van recently ish - details in the build thread

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Ive been looking at the brake options recently, pulled an old file and had a search of the net for current pricing for the 313mm VR6 T4 upgrade brakes. Crikey.... really... scene tax slapped all over this option.... so got the part numbers then chased down the models before getting back on to ebay. I've just bought the OEM ATE front axle 313mm calipers and carriers for £28 (90 day warranty - haggled), new Mintex disks £40, new Borg & Beck pads £5. It represents a 12% braking force upgrade. Chuffed [emoji38]. A little work to refurb, paint & fit but it's a sensible cost effective upgrade and stays true to a T4.

Those are 313 calipers? If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.

My four pot kit and 345 discs have been sat on my bench for well over 12 months now - in fact I got bored of them in the way and they got boxed and shelved. They'll fit on the V10

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Those are 313 calipers? If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.

My four pot kit and 345 discs have been sat on my bench for well over 12 months now - in fact I got bored of them in the way and they got boxed and shelved. They'll fit on the V10
            Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Cheers Reg

Those are 313 calipers?
            Hmmm , I was just reviewing it as Hans' caliper is different to look at but the US Eurovan got fitted differently. Some were fitted with a 17" option according to my findings! [emoji848]

Worse case it's a 300mm option and I'll use them on the rear (?) but back to educating myself. Covered in eBay as I specified 313mm. It's designed to be confusing and it is.
            If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.
            Silly numbers flying about VW Heritage want £750 for a 'kit'... [emoji20]

Comment

• Goodridge SVW1002-6P-OR

6 line kit

You may want to change the -OR suffix to -BK

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Goodridge SVW1002-6P-OR

6 line kit

You may want to change the -OR suffix to -BK
                Suffix is the colour code!

Comment

Ive been looking at the brake options recently, pulled an old file and had a search of the net for current pricing for the 313mm VR6 T4 upgrade brakes. Crikey.... really... scene tax slapped all over this option.... so got the part numbers then chased down the models before getting back on to ebay. I've just bought the OEM ATE front axle 313mm calipers and carriers for £28 (90 day warranty - haggled), new Mintex disks £40, new Borg & Beck pads £5. It represents a 12% braking force upgrade. Chuffed [emoji38]. A little work to refurb, paint & fit but it's a sensible cost effective upgrade and stays true to a T4.

Hi Activ.
                  The caliper on the picture looks like a Ats fn3 which is used in 150 bhp diesel and vr6 144 bhp with 300 mm discs.
                  The vr6 24v got the ats fnr caliper and 313 mm discs . from 2001 the 150 bhp caravelle and multivan too.
                  Ther also been used in the v6 sharan and galaxy
                  I looked up on t4 wiki .
                  There is never enough confusion with all the different parts
                  I add a list just for your german skills [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Hi Activ.
                    The caliper on the picture looks like a Ats fn3 which is used in 150 bhp diesel and vr6 144 bhp with 300 mm discs.
                    The vr6 24v got the ats fnr caliper and 313 mm discs . from 2001 the 150 bhp caravelle and multivan too.
                    Ther also been used in the v6 sharan and galaxy
                    I looked up on t4 wiki .
                    There is never enough confusion with all the different parts
                    I add a list just for your german skills [emoji6]

Cheers Hans that's brilliant & v helpful info. The FN3 is used on the T5 and others so I'm wondering whether I can fit the 313mm brake disc on these calipers, as I need to rebore the hub knuckle for the carrier 16-18mm. So offsetting the hole would give me 2mm against the disc radius difference of 6.5mm, so theres just 4.5mm, which could be worth turning the disc down if it doesn't fit? Cheap upgrade either way. I've bought a few sets. Going to trawl the Audi/Seat/Skoda options for something larger.

Last edited by Activ8; 28 November 2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Cheers Hans that's brilliant & v helpful info. The FN3 is used on the T5 and others so I'm wondering whether I can fit the 313mm brake disc on these calipers, as I need to rebore the hub knuckle for the carrier 16-18mm. So offsetting the hole would give me 2mm against the disc radius difference of 6.5mm, so theres just 4.5mm, which could be worth turning the disc down if it doesn't fit? Cheap upgrade either way. I've bought a few sets. Going to trawl the Audi/Seat/Skoda options for something larger.

Would it be possible to get a hub from a galaxy or so? Easy swap ?

Comment

Would it be possible to get a hub from a galaxy or so? Easy swap ?

I suspect the front hub and fixings might be quite different to the T4 but worth a look to rule it out.

Comment

• Think the hubs will be different but perhaps VR6 galaxy calipers and carriers could be used.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Think the hubs will be different but perhaps VR6 galaxy calipers and carriers could be used.
                            They are Si , there's a x-over between the T4 front 300mm or 313mm caliper & carrier options but there's a stupid scene premium on the latter. Will check the Galaxy knuckle.

Comment

• Think I've now sorted an alternative front brake upgrade solution.
                              All parts are now ordered .
                              I'll update the post with more information once the parts are received & checked over.
                              What a journey! Just hope I've got it right this time!

Comment

• Think I've now sorted an alternative front brake upgrade solution.
                                All parts are now ordered .
                                I'll update the post with more information once the parts are received & checked over.
                                What a journey! Just hope I've got it right this time!

Comment

Working...
                                X