Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked this up yesterday but did not immediately recognise what it was. I think its an ACV Caravelle gearbox cover - it was in the back as the gearbox and engine had been sold.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Jeez man, this is turning into 'what I bought today thread'

You do know this is the Build thread section - the clue is in the name.

Did you paint owt yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Jeez man, this is turning into 'what I bought today thread'

You do know this is the Build thread section - the clue is in the name.

Did you paint owt yet?
        Been too lazy & very busy buying stuff, so nope, but you did remind me to buy a respirator. Picked up a 3M 6900 new for £72.50. Just need some filters next.

I can change the title if needs be?

Whats the forums moto, rallying cry and chant - "bought not built"??? lol

Comment

• Bought some 3M filters last night for the new 3M full face respirator. None of the sprays shops will recommend anything. Apparently organic isocyanates in 2K paints cannot be filtered out and hence their recommendations for an air fed/feed breathing system/filtration gear and a larger 17cfm minimum compressor to supply you and the gun at the same time.

I was recommended with some hesitation and a disclaimer 3M's 06051 A1 filters with the additional 05925 particulate filters. Spray Guns Direct suggest with a ton of provisos that 3M's A2 06911 or 06915 plus the 06925 would suffice but "you need an air fed to protect your lungs, the iso's attacks the lung walls, irritating the lining without absorbtion or disipation for the rest of your life." Grrrrreat!!!

I've bought the lot to try along with a 501 filter retainer as the 3M full mask comes with diddly. Its about a tenner for a pair of filters (the 3M 6000 range uses two per mask) . A smell and tell approach will have to do. An air fed is outside the budget plus I'm painting outside under cover and relatively small panels to start with.

Question to the experts is what paint strainers should you use (if any) for 2K primer, base and laquer?

125 / 290 / 260 microns is what I've found.

Anyone bought a Chinese full face respirator that uses 3M filters and been impressed?

Comment

• Full face respirator? You'll be ok to pop to the shops or take part in any anti nanny state demo's

Comment

• I use them, but i may just hold your breath

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Attached Files

Comment

• I use a respirator on the belief I'm doing this very very rarely, and cant even smell the paint in use so should be ok.....

However, you go in a bodyshop and the dust is constant and the smell ever present, I wouldn't want to spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in that environment.

You probably get more crap in your lungs, spending the day in London city, than I do using a respirator to paint a van once in a blue moon....

Besides you'll be fine, cos the lids will stay on that paint forever.

Comment

I use a respirator on the belief I'm doing this very very rarely, and cant even smell the paint in use so should be ok.....

However, you go in a bodyshop and the dust is constant and the smell ever present, I wouldn't want to spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in that environment.

You probably get more crap in your lungs, spending the day in London city, than I do using a respirator to paint a van once in a blue moon....

Besides you'll be fine, cos the lids will stay on that paint forever.
                  Yes. Thats the safest solution.
                  Keep the paint lids on.

The time hasn't been wasted though. Ive prepped quite a few parts plus two bonnets to spray up.

Comment

• Arc-Rite Military Paints Data Dump
                    VOLKSWAGEN PAPRIKAROT (LK3A,H7,9313)
                    Free P&P on orders over £60.
                    https://www.arc-rite.co.uk
                    https://www.arc-rite.co.uk/media/att...data_sheet.pdf
                    • Anti Rust Zinc Phosphate Protection
                    • High Build
                    • Apply by spray, brush or roller
                    • Hundreds of colours available
                    • Apply to bare steel, wood, over existing solvent paint (test first) and onto sound rust
                    • Approx 8-10m2 per litre depending on application
                    • Dust free within the hour

We have manufactured these paints to suit those who require high performance coatings. This paint protects against the elements and contain zinc phosphate for rust protection.
                    Fast drying and indefinitely overcoatable which suits repairs and re-coats
                    Our semi gloss finish is approx 20-30% gloss, or Eggshell might be a better term for it.
                    All products are high build and help to mask imperfections.
                    These paints spray beautifully and can be applied by brush and roller - care should be taken to ensure the high build nature of the paint is mantained.
                    Thinning for spraying, or in extreme warm / cold, should be done no more than 15% with our Xylene thinners
                    PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLOUR FROM OUR COLOUR CHARTS. SIMPLY SELECT "CHOOSE YOUR OWN" AND ENTER THE COLOUR CODE IN THE BOX PROVIDED *excludes Metallic and Luminous*

Comment

• Is there a x-ref site or chart that shows or converts VAG colours into RAL , BS4800 or BS381 codes?

Comment

• Doubt they translate into RAL or other codes

Comment

Doubt they translate into RAL or other codes
                          Found this site for my LK3A paprikarot van.
                          https://encycolorpedia.com/651b24

Comment

• Looking for a retirement home on the Devon / Cornish coast this weekend before heading into the Alps for work.

I know its not T4 but I really liked the simplicity of this T5.

Last edited by Activ8; 28 August 2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• I was hoping to take the lad the short walk up the road to catch one of the Spitfire Events at Perranporth Airport on Sunday, but its sadly cancelled .....

Last edited by Activ8; 29 August 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Your far too young to go into a retirement home Rob.

Comment

Working...
                                X