Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. Do you have a recommendation on the spray gun reg. I've tried with a Clarke mini reg but Im not sure the control is finite enough to stop a really mild air "pulsing" at the gun nozzle - if that makes sense? It feels like the air isn't flowing properly, gauge is a little too big for the 2 bar needed.

The two Clarke PGF's guns are going back. Theyre not even as good as the 2nd hand mini. Only trying with air and water but neither fan the liquid evenly. Next!

Comment

• I offered to help TommyP with a few parts to keep the MTDi alive and on schedule. Tough times for a hoarder like moi but its for a great cause and forum contributor. I share some unit space with a mate for storage only, we're not allowed to work there. Its more for The Apocalypse than Justin Si.

I brought some parts back to sort through and re-store. Got the bits Tommy needed. Well almost as my mate isnt as diligent at storage as I and hindered access to my engine stash. Spot any gems?

Comment

• Jesus, how many LDAs!

You've got more spare pumps than I have - though I do chuck stuff out that I've no use for....

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Jesus, how many LDAs!

You've got more spare pumps than I have - though I do chuck stuff out that I've no use for....
          Yep. Those are 6 cylinder pumps with the LDA's and another couple of Volvo units.

Haven't got 2.4d pump though - not yet anyway.

Comment

• Mmmmmm the air box to turbo pipe....

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

• Thats only good for those running a K14 and a cone filter as the inlet is teeny weeny. Does away with the plastic snail intake pipe you get with T4s, the one that never seals and has the breather feed for that OEM retro oily IC look.

Comment

• Tommy. Get yourself an 80mm inlet to drag and suck as much unsensored air through as it can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  These beauties turned up today. The 19pc 1mm to 10mm Addax HSS Cobalt Jobber Drill Set (pn#HSSCO19DS). £23.99 free p&p but cost the Seller £4.70. Bargain & cheers TommyP.
                  They’re the bad boys. I bought them for stainless about 8 months ago and use them for all sorts. I’m down to about 6 left so I need another set. They’ve lasted fantastically.

Sent from a muppet
                  #vanlife

Comment

• Weathers crap so whilst waiting for the Bahco spray gun to arrive (its the next to try and "test") I ordered a Upol System 20 High Build Primer kit. .Black primer with a matching hardener. I found out that the Very Fast Hardeners aren't recommended for certain types of primer coats. Received my refunds issued on the two Clarke spray guns so Ive started to make some enquiries on the DeVilbiss guns and deals. I'm planning on buying two possibly three for Primer, Colour Coat and Lacquer. Upol advise 3 nozzle sizes.

I wouldnt mind a new compressor too with a larger air flow.

Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Disappointing with the clarke outcome. They were about my price range.
                      I could see how the 3 guns would be handy, should you not leave it overnight between stages though? (Perfect time to clean)The YouTube guys i watch usually do between base and clearcoat anyway? Im probably wrong.

I think 3 grinders would be handy, 1cutting, 1 flappy disc, 1 knot wheel. Changing blades frequently is a pain!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Agreed. I got 2 makita lxt and 3 bosch 110v . I hate to change blades, especially diamond blades for work. Once they running and "self-balanced" the stay until dead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Hi rob. What nozzle is recommended for the high build primer?
                          Thank's

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
                            Disappointing with the clarke outcome. They were about my price range.
                            I could see how the 3 guns would be handy, should you not leave it overnight between stages though? (Perfect time to clean)The YouTube guys i watch usually do between base and clearcoat anyway? Im probably wrong.

I think 3 grinders would be handy, 1cutting, 1 flappy disc, 1 knot wheel. Changing blades frequently is a pain!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
                            The Clarke guns work but even for a novice and with water you can see the outcome and results requiring more effort to rectify than buying a better gun to start with.
                            If it was a fence panel then great, once its sprayed who gives a toss, but bodywork .... nah-too cheap. I did think about keeping the PGF18 or 1.8mm nozzle for primer but thought better to try out the other bought and return to one of those if needed. On the upside with the Clarkes guns, you get some good advice, the gun spares were also listed so top marks for documentation. I'll post some pics up but you cannot really see spraying water on a vertical surface.

Maybe two guns is sufficient primer and another for top & clear depends on the deal I can strike.
                            The Bahco gun comes with 5 nozzles (main reason for choosing it 1.0mm 1.2mm, 1.4mm 1.6mm & 2.0mm ) so a few spare pots and it might be the one to budget for, albeit I've yet to find more than a couple of reviews (both good) on it but its design/tech looks out of date compared to the pro look guns. Bahco have been next to useless in offering any help. The DeVilbiss are a cut above even the cheaper SLG , feels like a fine piece of engineering. Their spares and nozzles are expensive but supported for years. The gun is the cheap entry point but for a DIYer it should last many years I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                              Hi rob. What nozzle is recommended for the high build primer?
                              Thank's

This is the info from the four page Upol S2025 spec sheet Andreas. Available in Grey, Black and White primer colours.
                              Upol S2025 High Build Primer
                              Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Cheers Rob

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X