Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    That Wager thing would do to paint a rough old pick up desert sand I spect.
    I was tempted earlier today to try it. Bonnet out then divine intervention ocurred in the form of a male robin. I wasnt quick enough with the phone but I read it as a sign that its not good enough yet! Wiped it down and flatted it back again. Much better job.

Comment

• Mini bergen is a great gun - I love mine, perfect for single panels.

Stick with fast hardener and get some fast thinners - don't bother with the wagner, only good for fences.

Comment

• I shall be in the market for a little gravity feed gun on a small budget. What would you recommend? Not using the ole chaps as seen on another thread the stat he's left em in.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Mini bergen is a great gun - I love mine, perfect for single panels.

Stick with fast hardener and get some fast thinners - don't bother with the wagner, only good for fences.
          How can you tell its a Bergen?
          Fast thinners??? OK, cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            How can you tell its a Bergen?
            Fast thinners??? OK, cheers.
            Probably isn't, there's a raft of these pattern copies - I just want you to load some paint and pull the trigger....

S49 - dunno what your budget is but FLG G5 or the SLG if budget is tighter, clarke PGF14 if you're broke.
            Last edited by regcheeseman; 6 July 2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Another delayed delivery from Upol. S2080 HS Clearcoat
              Last edited by Activ8; 9 July 2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Delivery from Upol. Fast drying thinners.

Comment

• FFS! Enough shopping, paint something! Procrastination is a thief of time, but at least it won't make you blind.

Comment

• All in good time and with the weather as it is up here it might be a while too!
                    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    FFS! Enough shopping, paint something! Procrastination is a thief of time, but at least it won't make you blind.
                    Per your advice to myself & S49, what makes a good spray gun "good" or a "Reg Recommended"? Have you tried & tested a lot?

Comment

• Had some feedback from ze Germans on ze eTurbo. Ten second 14,7 volt burst produced this reliable positive output.
                      Whats in question is the axial loading on the motors bearings. One idea is to take the bearings out of the motor housing where the housing size limits them to the outside mounting frame extending the shaft but utilizing it to create an air cooling function in addition to the motors heatsink and / or water jacket.
                      The motor needs to produce 0.739hp to generate the additional 1 bar of pressure needed to hybrid the boost.
                      It retains 80% efficiency to 108k rpm so I can size the compressor wheel and limit the power draw and parameters, it just takes less than 0.5 second to reach these spindle speeds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	eTurbo Motor Calcs.png Views:	0 Size:	262.2 KB ID:	304581
                      Last edited by Activ8; 9 July 2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        All in good time and with the weather as it is up here it might be a while too!Per your advice to myself & S49, what makes a good spray gun "good" or a "Reg Recommended"? Have you tried & tested a lot?
                        Nope, I've not used many - it's based on collected experiences. Any gun you buy will be more capable than you are - until you get some practice.....

Comment

• Suns out , so I painted the garage roller shutter door ...... with water. Using the 0.8 small freebie gun I got last year. I taped the outline size of the bonnet dimensions to the door and practiced to spray paint the area. Played around with the settings and got that spray feel. The 0.8mm fan is too small for my bonnet imo but I can see it being great on touching up smaller / temp repairs around the shell. Stripped, cleaned and dried it before making some calls to the Bahco disty, a mate and jumping online.

Ordered the Bahco HVLP with a range of nozzles plus some spares to give that a go. Found one in Poland for just shy of £100 & the disty was beaten down from £200+ to £106 delivered. Its £180+VAT @ RS Components so ordered from disty.

Jumped on to eBay and ordered the Reg recommended, 1st the budget options being the Clarke PGF14 (1.4mm nozzle pn#3090090) & Clarke PGF18 (1.8mm nozzle pn#3090092) for £26 each delivered. Then the DeVilbiss FLG G5 kit £132 delivered and an SLG kit for £106.
                          I'll return what I don't like but Im going to try before I buy.

Spoke to a mate who's going to lend me a couple of Chinese guns he's impressed with that come in at about £50 each.

Bought some more pressure valve gauges, euro air couplings and a couple of cleaning kits to try. I need to review my mask, eyewear and make a few calls to get some freebie paper suits that might actually fit.

Comment

• Bin the others off and keep the FLG and the mini gun.

With respect you don't know what you are doing regarding 'try before you buy' - start with the best and learn how to use it. If money's no object buy a SATA or a top line DeVilbiss - I didn't recommend them because they are beyond the scope of most diy'ers.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Bin the others off and keep the FLG and the mini gun.
                              Eh.... what just two and no Bahco?

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              With respect you don't know what you are doing regarding 'try before you buy' - start with the best and learn how to use it. If money's no object buy a SATA or a top line DeVilbiss - I didn't recommend them because they are beyond the scope of most diy'ers.
                              I think the budget would be blown on a SATA.

Comment

• These beauties turned up today. The 19pc 1mm to 10mm Addax HSS Cobalt Jobber Drill Set (pn#HSSCO19DS). £23.99 free p&p but cost the Seller £4.70. Bargain & cheers TommyP.

Comment

Working...
                                X