Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I've read the 2k stuff is much harder and better at protecting against chips and scratches.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• What's the minimum size compressor for spraying?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Reg answered this above as follows "Compressor rating needed? 10-13 cfm, tank size irrelevent, though people will tell you, you must have xxxx litres."

Now to us apprentices that means fuck all, but it just so happens I was exchanging the downstairs bathroom extractor yesterday and it read 185m3/h or 109cfm so its not a lot - is it?

13cfm = 385l/m so my little 50l compressor has got to refill 7.7x per minute, so at 8 bar (max is 12) thats 400l in the tank or 1 tank per minute. Assuming the gun controls exit pressure (?) that should work or am I missing something?

Comment

• Delivery earlier.
          I spoke to Upol about my bonnet , very helpful lot too and theyve sent me this Dolphin 1K Stopper advising that it would of been better for the tiny bonnet imperfections as its smoother and easier to apply. Its no less prep etc just designed to not drag, pocket or pimple! The 2K fillers in small amounts can create a disproportioned mix and be difficult to apply. I also got two free tins of satin black as I complained about the paint delivery / nozzle on two cans (just had to photograph the tin base) which was kind of them.

Comment

• Got to knock up a drawing for Kev (Fruitbat) on this sort of setup below for the eturbo test rig. I've also tracked down a high kv Chinese motor that at the EGR 5vdc output (need to upgrade the cabling) will hit the rpm speeds but be controlled by the ECU's EGR control through the ECM. Need a selection of compressor sizes that can be housed in the GT15. Thats next.

Comment

• So my Clarke raider is 13.5cfm, and what they don't tell you is what pressure that air flow is measured at.

Some compressors state the air flow at an unreasonably low pressure - which you would never work at, and therefore couldn't achieve the cfm.

At 90psi say, you might only get 5 or so cfm, as your drain the tank much quicker. Lower

My 13.5cfm is right on the limit for spraying at 29psi with my air fed respirator.

Even then, it is almost running continously. And the alarm whistle on the respirator goes off if I'm spraying too long continuously.

It's not a lot compared to a fan unit. But the pistons are pretty tiny in a compressor, so they can only fill at a relatively low rate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• I dont know what my actual SIP output is but the same spec new is stating 6.5cfm free air delivery & 9.5cfm piston displacement at 116psi / 7.89bar. I might have to turbo charge the 240vac bathroom ceiling extractor? Lol, ..... then a delayed "shit".

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Reg answered this above as follows "Compressor rating needed? 10-13 cfm, tank size irrelevent, though people will tell you, you must have xxxx litres."

Now to us apprentices that means fuck all, but it just so happens I was exchanging the downstairs bathroom extractor yesterday and it read 185m3/h or 109cfm so its not a lot - is it?

13cfm = 385l/m so my little 50l compressor has got to refill 7.7x per minute, so at 8 bar (max is 12) thats 400l in the tank or 1 tank per minute. Assuming the gun controls exit pressure (?) that should work or am I missing something?
                  More numbers? what are you trying to work out?

What has tank capacity got to do with anything? If your compressor can deliver 10cfm and your gun uses 5cfm, it doesn't matter if your tank is 1 litre or 11million litres - although the second may take a while to get up to pressure.

The fact that whilst spraying the compressor turns on/off indicates that delivery>consumption. The compressor charges to 100psi and stops, it doesn't turn on again until tank drops to around 80psi

I don't have issues with my sealey when spraying, free air delivery 8.75cfm (max displacement 12.6cfm). It runs my various guns no problem, largest gun is rated at 11.4 cfm @ 29 psi

Put paint in gun, go and spray something. Or just put water in the gun and spray the walls, get a feel for the controls and dry it well afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    More numbers? what are you trying to work out?
                    I was trying to ascertain.whether my SIP compressor was up to the job of 10-13cfm.... obvs. Per your advice and to answer Fife T4 III's question.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    What has tank capacity got to do with anything? If your compressor can deliver 10cfm and your gun uses 5cfm, it doesn't matter if your tank is 1 litre or 11million litres - although the second may take a while to get up to pressure.
                    Well I didnt clearly know the cfm and wasnt about to trundle back home at that time to check the compressor. I did know it was 50L and maxed out at 12bar. So I worked out the consumption.

The fact that whilst spraying the compressor turns on/off indicates that delivery>consumption. The compressor charges to 100psi and stops, it doesn't turn on again until tank drops to around 80psi.
                    Yes I know that and setting it at 8 bar would give me enough delivery for one whole minute, plus run to top itself up.
                    I don't have issues with my sealey when spraying, free air delivery 8.75cfm (max displacement 12.6cfm). It runs my various guns no problem, largest gun is rated at 11.4 cfm @ 29 psi
                    [
                    If I were buying a new compressor I would make a wiser choice. However now Im back home I could check the model and get the cfm rating from a newer model. Best it'll do is 9.5cfm at 8bar or 0.5cfm lower than your advice.

Put paint in gun, go and spray something. Or just put water in the gun and spray the walls, get a feel for the controls and dry it well afterwards.
                    Thats exactly what I intend to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Delivery earlier.
                      I spoke to Upol about my bonnet , very helpful lot too and theyve sent me this Dolphin 1K Stopper advising that it would of been better for the tiny bonnet imperfections as its smoother and easier to apply. Its no less prep etc just designed to not drag, pocket or pimple! The 2K fillers in small amounts can create a disproportioned mix and be difficult to apply. I also got two free tins of satin black as I complained about the paint delivery / nozzle on two cans (just had to photograph the tin base) which was kind of them.

Dolphin Stopper. tommo has a body part with the same nickname.
                      Should I put this in the did you know thread?
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

LMFAO ..... Arf .... well re-membered

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Pffffffft

Comment

• Back on the bonnet this evening between the showers. Cut it back with fresh wet 600 grade, wipe down, degreaser then out with the "Tommo" after a readup of the Upol guide. Straight out of the tube onto the plastic spatchula then the imperfections. Its lovely stuff to apply, fine and smooth. You can build upto three layers, one every 15 minutes if desired and paint after an hour. The first layer and cutback with wet 600 was good the Dolphin Stopper leaves a far better surface in my limited opinion. Wipe down, degreaser then applied a second application. Its far better than I accepted previously & I've made lots of progress - yeh I know to the reader its been a while - but I genuinely enjoyed the focus & improvement. Looking forward to painting it AGAIN and doing a better job AGAIN! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                              Pffffffft

I know what a Dolphin stopper is!.....

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Tommo has that sign every where he goes!!!
                                He has a temptation

Comment

Working...
                                X