Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff!

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
      Are you going to keep the hole square or make it round? Square looks just that bit different

Unsure. If Reg & Sausages headlight designs become a reality then a round hole would look better....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Yes they've gone a bit quiet about that. Thought they'd be up and running now[emoji848][emoji12]

Comment

• It's a winter project. Plus Reg with his T4/2 (half van) has it all in-hand....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            - never took in the design aspects before but looks like the angled intake trumpet can be removed - could possibly block it and feed a cold air intake into it?
            Took the wing off the T4/2 tonight - didn't recall that intake trumpet being so small. Is colin running the standard setup and getting decent airflow?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Took the wing off the T4/2 tonight - didn't recall that intake trumpet being so small. Is colin running the standard setup and getting decent airflow?
              Colin's running a v70 intake pipe/AJT MAF/cone filter (not sure if it's K&N) and gets to 1275mg/s. We were chatting yesterday about the cold air feeds - using the wing or direct from the front. He's still got his old airbox so thought we'd take a look and review.

Comment

• Just had the van running with the new IC and cold air intake (through the wing vents) - but crikey it's tight ....but it all just fits. Another play tomorrow to adjust the pipework and angles a tad but rather pleased....
                Stainless brackets and revised bonnet stay to do.

Last edited by Activ8; 5 July 2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Called in a favour and a mate just dropped this in for the intake feed. Well chuffed - 50mm square to 63mm diameter adaptor for the headlight plate.

Comment

• Looking good mate!! Handy to have mates that can help [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Thought about my brackets over night and woke up with an idea - use an original top mount, modified to suit. Hmmm need the one I'm taking off - so posted a wanted - but in the mean time could I make one? It's not carrying any weight and is pretty rigid without brackets.... have aluminium thin plate & so it's "hammertime"...

Last edited by Activ8; 6 July 2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Today's delivery. Good timing with the IC off. As the song goes "the heat is on" - but hopefully not for long....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Called in a favour and a mate just dropped this in for the intake feed. Well chuffed - 50mm square to 63mm diameter adaptor for the headlight plate.

Aye up rob,

Whereabouts in the headlight plate are you putting it. I need a feed to, but I can't quite picture where this will be. I'm looking for ideas.

Frenchy

Comment

• On the ACV and AJT short nose the offside headlight looks like this (once the front panel is off)... its a fitting for the headlight wash. I'm using the "head-light wash" front panel to experiment with (panel hole is 50mmx50mm) , headlight hole is 50mm diameter. According to K&N I don't need anything bigger than 64mm inlet. So rather than butcher a good panel thought I'd play with parts I had....

Comment

• That brackets built into the long nose headlight, was thinking of mounting fog/driving lights there.

Comment

• Fitted...

Fitted on another turbo off the van first and made a small hole for the wastegate mechanism, the arm was unhindered.

Last edited by Activ8; 6 July 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X