Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Now now Kev .... thats a step too far mate (NY Resolution #1 - tolerance & perspective).

I doubt whether any new skills will be applied to the van directly but the basics might get me started on my 3" exhaust system.
    Sorry , If you want any welding advice you know where I am

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      Sorry , If you want any welding advice you know where I am
      Cheers Kev. Thought the box of mags was a welder..... so need some recommendations! I'm buying my own ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Cheers Kev. Thought the box of mags was a welder..... so need some recommendations! I'm buying my own ...
        R Tech MIG. https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/mig-...caAvdMEALw_wcB

That's all you need - at this point. That and the MIG welding forum.

I put one on my christmas list - it's still on it.

Comment

• Cheers Reg, hope you had a good Xmas & NY? Someone else has recommended an R Tech.

Comment

• Thanks to Jo T4 I'm the proud owner of a set of these .... and Arfurs roof gave me an idea....no foul language in the comments please....

Comment

• ..... and some additional engine bay bling with this shielded crankcase breather bargain.

Comment

• Puzzled as to why you need wing mirrors on a fridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Puzzled as to why you need wing mirrors on a fridge?
                  It helps when reversing it back into the utility room plus it's still full of Brandy & Baileys cream and handy if you like a secretive finger dip now and again!

Comment

• Picked this up in the bargain basket from the local Marine chandlers for £7. Ideal I thought for the front panels Cold Intake System. 70mm OD / 57mm ID.

Comment

• +1 for the rtech mig, excellent welder and very portable. Make sure you buy a decent mask, being able to see what you are doing makes a big difference to your welding.

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
                        +1 for the rtech mig, excellent welder and very portable. Make sure you buy a decent mask, being able to see what you are doing makes a big difference to your welding.
                        That's it. For years I had an old arch welding mask, then when I got a modern one and could see it was a bit of a light bulb moment....literally.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          That's it. For years I had an old arch welding mask, then when I got a modern one and could see it was a bit of a light bulb moment....literally.
                          I agree. A friend has the r-tec true colour helmet. Its on my shopping list, excellent bit of kit at a reasonable price.

Comment

• I appreciate all the feedback and inputs BUT you have to ask is it all worth the outlay? Welder £500, Mask £75, Gloves £30, Consumables £60, Welding Tools £50 .... thats some shopping list for making the odd exhaust as without the "projects" I simply wouldn't generate the competency to tackle complicated manifolds ..... is there a budget system that I can start with perhaps and progress to the R-Tech Nirvana?

Comment

Ebay. Lincoln electric are good welders

Comment

• I bought a gas less mig from screwfix 10year ago,still working.Depends if your sold on tig welding aswell.You can get stainless mig wire,but never used it

Comment

Working...
                                X