Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanded the battery array today to 20 of these little tiny 12vdc palm sized chuffers, all recycled from the server UPS I bagged last year. I've added some diagrams about panels on series & parallel plus some charging info when using multiple battery array.

Comment

• I've been running the same map on the AJT since late 2018 with my K24 hybrid turbo and pondering some ideas to play around with.
      In particular the injection timing and pump voltage maps. So I've finished rewriting the lot then tuned the turbo maps based on some runs last year.
      I did have a couple of scares, with no throttle pedal response on versions 8.4 to 8.7, van started fine but zip from the pedal.
      Found a couple of gremlins in the code and some entries that by 10PM I'd ironed it out in v8.9 and the van fired up like I'd just awoke the dragon!
      Left it on tickover with a few blips due to the time and finished for the day.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Activ8_v89.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	267738
      I didn't log this mornings run as I tend to just sample a leisurely drive and get a feel for how the engines' running first off.
      Now this is quick, even though its not at temp, its pulling (read ripping along) so upped the pace along the A38 and it sounds super sweet.
      Turned off and round on one of the many roundabouts on the 516 and upped the revs and quickly overtook some casual traffic, the torque was just unbelievable.
      Persued by a new MX5 which ran in my slipstream, it followed me home. No Rollin Coal moments as I recall so wtf....
      Guy gets out at the bottom of the drive smiling, "what the chuff you got in that?"..... "Eh? Its just a crappy old van" I reply...
      Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Well done Rob , I admire you, always striving for better performance , always looking for improvements , always pushing the envelope .

Comment

• Figure two is wrong. The internet lies.

How many of those mini batteries do you want, I can get hundreds - local chap was building a battery array for his home solar setup and had a couple hundred from me. Makes no sense to me but he was happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Figure two is wrong. The internet lies.

How many of those mini batteries do you want, I can get hundreds - local chap was building a battery array for his home solar setup and had a couple hundred from me. Makes no sense to me but he was happy.
            Sounds good.... I'd take as many as I could get.
            20 would reload my UPS.
            200 would load the van floor!

Comment

Figure two is wrong. The internet lies.

What's wrong with fig.2? It does state approximate....
              Last edited by Activ8; 16 July 2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• It might as well state 'absolute bollocks'

If your wiring has that much resistance in it, you have problems.

The configuration of the wires will make little difference and should equate to the square root of fack all.

The charge across each battery will be more dependent on the state of each battery and it's own internal resistance rather than a few milliohms of wire/contact resistance.

Comment

• Thought I'd top up the tan and smother these in Hammerites Kurust before spraying them in K2 Brake Caliper Paint - chose red (thanks Hans, as Hans had given it a good review.) Although I do like the raven blue-black sheen Kurust offers.
                  Reckon you could get some carriers made up Reg?
                  Last edited by Activ8; 16 July 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• 3 hours later, melon refreshment, then on with the paint.

Two cans later , sprayed in the shadows with a light coat every 10 minutes per the instructions and we're done. Think I prefer the "blue-black" tbh but it's done now.
                    Last edited by Activ8; 16 July 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Kurust?

Are you taking the piss?

Comment

Kurust?

Are you taking the piss?
                        Whaaaaaat? [emoji28]
                        Worked a treat on the brakes.
                        Last edited by Activ8; 17 July 2019, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• I give you golden nuggets of learned advice and you persist with kurust.

Damn you sir.

Comment

I give you golden nuggets of learned advice and you persist with kurust.

Damn you sir.
                            [emoji22][emoji22][emoji24][emoji24].....
                            I'll stand in the corner for a while .....
                            If not Kurust , what?
                            I need more guidance obviously.

Comment

• Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 any better?

Comment

• The old fella in the village I helped earlier in the year with his car just dropped by.... as a thank you for mowing his lawns (he's just had a should joint replaced after a fall) brought me this....

....poster for the garage and....

this old compass set from one of his weekend boot sale skirmishes....
                                Last edited by Activ8; 18 July 2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X