Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice turbo, big AR? Is this to replace the K24?

Wastegated?

What are you doing to keep the head down?

I've been looking at 2260s - but this looks useful

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Nice turbo, big AR? Is this to replace the K24?

Wastegated?

What are you doing to keep the head down?

I've been looking at 2260s - but this looks useful
      In the picture is an 0.6 A/R compressor & the GT2 0.64 A/R turbine , but I've also bought an 0.8 A/R compressor CHRA to swap over and try, plus the GT2560S CHRA too. All for the same wastegated turbine housing.

Ive already fitted the cut down 12.9 head bolts off of the Golf ARL. If the head lifts I'll buy ARP but with a reworked head, larger exhaust valves and a performance cam.

On at the mo is a K24/K16 2470 hybrid but I'm still building the K24/K26 2672 hybrid, it'll run 52psi.

Just waiting for some hosing to make up some new oil lines.
      Last edited by Activ8; 8 August 2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Took a look at my birthday present from the lad today. He's desperate to fit it into the van [emoji53] .... I sort of wrote it off politely (suggesting we'll stick it on his first car!) as the dial face is huge at 125mm (body 90mm) but with all the water cooled turbo'itus in the pipeline I'm revisiting it. RPM (11k), Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Battery, Boost (2 bar max) & 2 memory functions - it might have it's uses - if only to setup and monitor the turbo initially. Could take it apart I suppose????

Comment

• Hahaha... i like it. Now go all fast and furious and mount it instead of the rear view mirror....

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
            Hahaha... i like it. Now go all fast and furious and mount it instead of the rear view mirror....
            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ... [emoji849] my son and two mates are 'helping me' at the moment. I relayed your comment and one said (with a grin) "your van is more vast & spurious, buy a T6"... no worries I replied tell your dad my hourly rate has just gone up to pay for one. Funny runt.
            Last edited by Activ8; 20 August 2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Ha ha! Cheeky little tw*t!

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                Ha ha! Cheeky little tw*t!

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon
                Agreed - I also had to look up "spurious" .... funny though, rang his dad reckoning he's just repeated the comment.... [emoji35]

Comment

• That could solve a lot of peoples dash problems, shall it didn't have a fuel gauge to.

Comment

• Suppose you could fit it instead of one of the clocks in the binnacle?
                    Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    That could solve a lot of peoples dash problems, shall it didn't have a fuel gauge to.

Comment

• I like that, and with an abl fitting would not be an issue, would need a pod though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Ive already fitted the cut down 12.9 head bolts off of the Golf ARL. If the head lifts I'll buy ARP but with a reworked head, larger exhaust valves and a performance cam.
                        You found a decent cam as I'm starting to collect bits ready to build my 2nd engine up over winter, what exhaust valves?

Was think about getting volvo rods and slugs - what do ya reckon?

Oh and you'll have some spare ARL bolts you dont need.....

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          You found a decent cam as I'm starting to collect bits ready to build my 2nd engine up over winter, what exhaust valves?

Was think about getting volvo rods and slugs - what do ya reckon?

Oh and you'll have some spare ARL bolts you dont need.....
                          All the VW 5 cylinder cams are identical as is the D5252T. Bought several Chinese 'race' cams but they were identical profiles to OEM. Got two or three Scandanavian leads but haven't followed any up. Might design my own.

Personally I'd start with the Volvo D5252T as I have.

Need my spare bolts for the next engine. They're cheap enough from the motor factors. Posted the part number last year for you in your build thread. Thought you were ONLY going ARP?

Comment

• Shit afternoon waiting for buyers NOT to turn up at the MIL'S bungalow - so fuck'em. Went home and painted in anger!

Had a mate round for coffee, this has been terrorising my Mrs for two weeks!
                            Last edited by Activ8; 26 August 2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• If them bastards ever get wind of how scared of them most people are we are screwed...good and proper.
                              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• I've been terrorized by this for months Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2440.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	268121Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	268122

Comment

Working...
                                X