Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by activ8 View Post
    think i've now sorted an alternative front brake upgrade solution.
    All parts are now ordered .
    I'll update the post with more information once the parts are received & checked over.
    What a journey! Just hope i've got it right this time!
    ground hog day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      ground hog day!
      Your pm is full

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
        Your pm is full

Give me 5 to clear a few! Cheers

Comment

• New delivery Y section single 3" to dual 2.5" exhaust section. Just hope Santa's reading this too.. [emoji72]

Last edited by Activ8; 6 December 2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• you running 3" back? Does it drone?

I was amazed how quiet my duplex is, losing the standard rear box and replacing it with two 2" pipes and no silencing I thought it might be loud - but it's not, I genuinely cannot tell the difference from the drivers seat - which is a good thing but also a bit of a shame, the noise is nice but on a run it soon gets tiresome.

Comment

• 2.5" Currently.

Plan is to go 3" then duplex to 2.5" unsure on silencing at the mo, I've got some large rear tailpipes with built in silencers from a V10 Q7 upgrade but might look a little silly!
              Need a MIG / TIG welder from Santa and something motivational to practice on.

Comment

Give me 5 to clear a few! Cheers
                Again

Comment

• Spotted this online and thought .... that could be useful... [emoji848]

Comment

Ive been looking at the brake options recently, pulled an old file and had a search of the net for current pricing for the 313mm VR6 T4 upgrade brakes. Crikey.... really... scene tax slapped all over this option.... so got the part numbers then chased down the models before getting back on to ebay. I've just bought the OEM ATE front axle 313mm calipers and carriers for £28 (90 day warranty - haggled), new Mintex disks £40, new Borg & Beck pads £5. It represents a 12% braking force upgrade. Chuffed [emoji38]. A little work to refurb, paint & fit but it's a sensible cost effective upgrade and stays true to a T4.

Have been doing some digging and 4motion golfs run 313 size discs so my question is,would this be a solution or would the carriers be totally different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                      Have been doing some digging and 4motion golfs run 313 size discs so my question is,would this be a solution or would the carriers be totally different?
                      Carriers will be different. I've found nothing of the same era build or later that matches the carrier. Even the part numbers being identical albeit for the vehicle model identifier are different. Even some of the stuff online x-referencing is bollocks. I've ordered 13 sets of VAG fronts and not a single carrier "fits". I think Regs' Merc brembo units might be a v cost effective way to go. I've picked up a few sets of 313mm but they're SO heavy. Got a few ideas using Tiguan fronts 312mm (halves the weight) but need to mock something up 1st. Waiting for a stub axle to arrive.

Comment

Carriers will be different. I've found nothing of the same era build or later that matches the carrier. Even the part numbers being identical albeit for the vehicle model identifier are different. Even some of the stuff online x-referencing is bollocks. I've ordered 13 sets of VAG fronts and not a single carrier "fits". I think Regs' Merc brembo units might be a v cost effective way to go. I've picked up a few sets of 313mm but they're SO heavy. Got a few ideas using Tiguan fronts 312mm (halves the weight) but need to mock something up 1st. Waiting for a stub axle to arrive.
                        If you are thinking of going the merc route. Merc ml brembos are dirt cheap. I picked a pair up for £30. The discs are 345mm with a 67mm centre bore. I have machined my mock up hub down by 1mm so the discs are a straight fit. Just need to get round to making up some brackets to mount the calipers. Only been doing them a year....
                        Reason i chose the ml is they use a 25.4mm master cylinder same as the vr6 t4 so easy to upgrade.
                        Last edited by lister; 10 December 2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                          If you are thinking of going the merc route. Merc ml brembos are dirt cheap. I picked a pair up for £30. The discs are 345mm with a 67mm centre bore. I have machined my mock up hub down by 1mm so the discs are a straight fit. Just need to get round to making up some brackets to mount the calipers. Only been doing them a year....
                          Reason i chose the ml is they use a 25.4mm master cylinder same as the vr6 t4 so easy to upgrade.
                          Cheers.
                          I've got the 25.4mm master cylinder (Im sure all 1999- 2.5tdi's have it) downside on the larger discs is fitting the right wheel to suit. Hans kindly sent me his vr6 pics with 19's fitted and they look right with 313mm discs and Regs' 345mm discs don't fit his 17" rim so it's a fine balance if you want to carry a spare.
                          I looked at the ML calipers and they're a bargain by comparison but 345mm!!!
                          The 300mm T4 / Sharan / Alhambra / Galaxy caliper is an ATE FN3 design but the same as the 312mm early Tiguan fronts. The Tiguan carrier is a no go but the Sharan 300mm carrier looks like it'll work with the larger 312mm Tiguan caliper. Both are v cheap units & Tiguan calipers are a third lighter plus a super easy fit. Like I say - got to wait for the stub axle to arrive and give them a go on the bench.

Comment

• Spare is easy. It just always goes on the rear.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                              Spare is easy. It just always goes on the rear.
                              Fair point - if you're running similar sized rims & tyres - not sure my 10.5J rears would work though!

Comment

Cheers.
                                I've got the 25.4mm master cylinder (Im sure all 1999- 2.5tdi's have it) downside on the larger discs is fitting the right wheel to suit. Hans kindly sent me his vr6 pics with 19's fitted and they look right with 313mm discs and Regs' 345mm discs don't fit his 17" rim so it's a fine balance if you want to carry a spare.
                                I looked at the ML calipers and they're a bargain by comparison but 345mm!!!
                                The 300mm T4 / Sharan / Alhambra / Galaxy caliper is an ATE FN3 design but the same as the 312mm early Tiguan fronts. The Tiguan carrier is a no go but the Sharan 300mm carrier looks like it'll work with the larger 312mm Tiguan caliper. Both are v cheap units & Tiguan calipers are a third lighter plus a super easy fit. Like I say - got to wait for the stub axle to arrive and give them a go on the bench.

Reading this with interest.Seeing as Vw heritage charge £700 for the vr6 upgrade.cough..

Comment

Working...
                                X