Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    It's not, those wheels are goping

cmon - moar pickchurs!
    Seconded. You can map an ecu. ..fettle a set of clocks etc....You even made me a cable for a computer and yet you can't post a few pictures. Just not good enough.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

OK....[emoji30]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Upgraded the MAF housing today from the AJT's 70mm diameter to the Volvos' 80mm housing. Swapped the MAF sensor which is physically the same length and design but has a different 4 pin connection and may be electrically different.

Had to use silicon ring pieces (!) to make the T4 housing fit my pipework but now it's snug for the K&N cone and airflow pipework.

Comment

Can't beat a snug ring piece.

Comment

You were set up there arf! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
            Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            Can't beat a snug ring piece.
            Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh....no he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                You were set up there arf! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk
                Bugger....I'm that weak.

Comment

Thought I'd take a look at the VP37 diesel pump this evening. In particular the camplate before I fit a 12mm pumphead.
                  Camplate is stamped DE037.

Last edited by Activ8; 8 June 2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Stamp means nothing - or at least seems to mean nothing on the TD pumps.

What pumphead did you go for?

I've been building a couple of pumps myself this evening - if you get stuck with these - I'll build them for nowt for you.

You swapped the VW sensor into the volvo housing? Makes good sense.

Now......about those pics of the van you were going to post........

Click image for larger version

Name:	4794-19-pointlesswithoutpics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	264064
                    Last edited by regcheeseman; 8 June 2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I've yet to do a logrun or start the van with the larger housing and reckon the MAF data is going to drop. Might help me find the sensor voltage map.

Cannot find any info on the camplate identities other than a single thread on the 'tdi' forum and that's pretty scant on info so I'll open a few up AJT / ACV and the Volvo unit to compare and measure the cam lobes.

12mm pumphead came from a German tuning shop when I was last over there. Its boxed with labels. You wanted me to measure something on it if memory serves?

I've never stripped a pump so any help's appreciated. Looks like I need a couple of special Bosch sockets? Should I strip it completely and rebuild it as Ive no way to test it other than on a van?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        I've yet to do a logrun or start the van with the larger housing and reckon the MAF data is going to drop. Might help me find the sensor voltage map.

Cannot find any info on the camplate identities other than a single thread on the 'tdi' forum and that's pretty scant on info so I'll open a few up AJT / ACV and the Volvo unit to compare and measure the cam lobes.

12mm pumphead came from a German tuning shop when I was last over there. Its boxed with labels. You wanted me to measure something on it if memory serves?

I've never stripped a pump so any help's appreciated. Looks like I need a couple of special Bosch sockets? Should I strip it completely and rebuild it as Ive no way to test it other than on a van?

You could rebuild it - or you could send it to me and I'll do it gratis.

Special sockets are on the bay - I'll find a link.

The MAF data will change considerable wont it? It' subject to the square law.

........And those pics?????

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          You could rebuild it - or you could send it to me and I'll do it gratis.

Special sockets are on the bay - I'll find a link.

The MAF data will change considerable wont it? It' subject to the square law.

........And those pics?????
                          Cheers Reg.
                          I'm going to take a look and learn how it all works, so you might get a bag of bits in the post shortly!

I'm sure I've got some pump sockets but maybe they're too general rather than specific to the VP37.

The rest of the intake was 80mm so the new housing should more accurately reflect the airflow. I'll hook vcds up shortly.
                          Do you think you could get that sort of diameter running along the bulkhead & save the premium space for other uses?

Comment

Been for a short logrun this morning and the MAF is reporting a 125mg/s reduction at tickover with a fairly linear losses through the rev range. Found a large tear in my manifold diagnostic boost pipe which has now been changed. Boost pipes are systematically popping at 2.6bar.

Last edited by Activ8; 10 June 2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

35mins on the XTrainer & three coffees in already this morning - sat at my computer looking for a MAF linearization map to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                35mins on the XTrainer & three coffees in already this morning - sat at my computer looking for a MAF linearization map to adjust.

Are you a bot? Xtrainer really on a Sunday after a night on the beer? That's just not right!!!!! Been up for about an hour awake for about 2 and still feel like a zombie and I only had 3 g&ts and 3 long busy early shifts mainly sat at a computer screen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X