Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 3,627 Posts
    Said the ocd would kick in. Here's our old polo and dads new GTI. Bit confused now, not difficult I know. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0991.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	10873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0992.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	10874

regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S49 View Post
    Said the ocd would kick in. Here's our old polo and dads new GTI. Bit confused now, not difficult I know.
    When the bonnet is shut (hopefully it's most common position) Is the strut body not higher than the rod....i.e it points downhill when bonnet is shut?

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 3,627 Posts
    That's what I was turning over in my dull head.

Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,644 Times in 2,855 Posts

Ive been looking at the brake options recently, pulled an old file and had a search of the net for current pricing for the 313mm VR6 T4 upgrade brakes. Crikey.... really... scene tax slapped all over this option.... so got the part numbers then chased down the models before getting back on to ebay. I've just bought the OEM ATE front axle 313mm calipers and carriers for £28 (90 day warranty - haggled), new Mintex disks £40, new Borg & Beck pads £5. It represents a 12% braking force upgrade. Chuffed . A little work to refurb, paint & fit but it's a sensible cost effective upgrade and stays true to a T4.

Hans's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Activ8 View Post
    Ive been looking at the brake options recently, pulled an old file and had a search of the net for current pricing for the 313mm VR6 T4 upgrade brakes. Crikey.... really... scene tax slapped all over this option.... so got the part numbers then chased down the models before getting back on to ebay. I've just bought the OEM ATE front axle 313mm calipers and carriers for £28 (90 day warranty - haggled), new Mintex disks £40, new Borg & Beck pads £5. It represents a 12% braking force upgrade. Chuffed . A little work to refurb, paint & fit but it's a sensible cost effective upgrade and stays true to a T4.

That's in good nick mate , my needed a bit more effort. But well worth it. I put m- tec in my but only b'cos i used them before and seams to be good stuff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    That's in good nick mate , my needed a bit more effort. But well worth it. I put m- tec in my but only b'cos i used them before and seams to be good stuff

Lovely job Hans. What paint did you use?

I simply went for price & spent the early hours trawling the net! I'm not paying £140 ('taxed') for a pair of disks, drilled and grooved when the equivalent brembo Merc discs are £50-£60 in Europe.

Thanks

Need the brake lines and would like braided - any info on here?

Hans's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Lovely job Hans. What paint did you use?

I simply went for price & spent the early hours trawling the net! I'm not paying £140 ('taxed') for a pair of disks, drilled and grooved when the equivalent brembo Merc discs are £50-£60 in Europe.
    From ebay

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans For This Useful Post:

Activ8 (27th November 2018)

regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Need the brake lines and would like braided - any info on here?
    Put a full set of Goodrich on my van recently ish - details in the build thread

Those are 313 calipers? If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.

My four pot kit and 345 discs have been sat on my bench for well over 12 months now - in fact I got bored of them in the way and they got boxed and shelved. They'll fit on the V10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post

Those are 313 calipers? If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.

My four pot kit and 345 discs have been sat on my bench for well over 12 months now - in fact I got bored of them in the way and they got boxed and shelved. They'll fit on the V10
    Cheers Reg

Those are 313 calipers?
    Hmmm , I was just reviewing it as Hans' caliper is different to look at but the US Eurovan got fitted differently. Some were fitted with a 17" option according to my findings!

Worse case it's a 300mm option and I'll use them on the rear (?) but back to educating myself. Covered in eBay as I specified 313mm. It's designed to be confusing and it is.
    If so £28 is a silly price - I just sold a standard set for double that.
    Silly numbers flying about VW Heritage want £750 for a 'kit'...