No announcement yet.

Project T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like that, when ours fails off thing we,ll go for a side exit. Ours seems to have original exhaust that or a genuine vw replacement and still in good nike.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Like that, when ours fails off thing we,ll go for a side exit. Ours seems to have original exhaust that or a genuine vw replacement and still in good nike.
      I found that the last garage to fit the exhaust had spot welded the bloody exhaust together as well.

Buy a t4 they said... It'll be fun they said.
      Buy a T4 they said... It'll be fun they said!!

Comment

• Also fitted the clutch peddle bracket.

Comment

• New clutch pedal bracket or is that another mod!

Comment

• I've seen a few threads on the clutch peddle bracket, what's it all about mine seems fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• It's the bracket mod. A friend's had it and showed me the difference between them. When I pressed the clutch in on his it felt rigid, whereas mine without the bracket the clutch pedal flexed when fully pressed.

Comment

• So is there an extra bracket that you bolt to pedal assembly?

Comment

• Yes, I got one kicking around brand new in packet with bolts, but don't think it fits my early van, I'll double check with cheeser, if it def doesn't fit you can have it
                  Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    So is there an extra bracket that you bolt to pedal assembly?
                    Yeah it's made from thicker steel than the standard pedal assembly. It makes a huge difference.

Comment

• Stuff I've done over the last weeks. Fitted a switch to turn amp on and off (as the logo on the amp illuminates and I don't want to risk fire or flattening battery) drove to Tonbridge to Volksweald, realised how noisy the engine truly is. So ended up putting a layer of silent coat on the inside of the bonnet. Today the gearbox bush kit as rivers so I set about changing the worn and missing bushes. Reassembled went for a test drive, no reverse gear, stripped down again and rebuilt... no gears. Stripped down a third time and rebuilt. One smooth selecting box. Coilovers arrived today....
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	261521Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	261522
                      Springs look tiny.
                      Job for tomorrow morning.

Comment

• That's what I got. remember to cut your front bump stops down don't need to do the rear ones

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by daleydub View Post
                          That's what I got. remember to cut your front bump stops down don't need to do the rear ones

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
                          Have you got yours wound right down? I'm running 18's on 20mm spacers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate6874 View Post
                            Stuff I've done over the last weeks. Fitted a switch to turn amp on and off (as the logo on the amp illuminates and I don't want to risk fire or flattening battery) drove to Tonbridge to Volksweald, realised how noisy the engine truly is. So ended up putting a layer of silent coat on the inside of the bonnet. Today the gearbox bush kit as rivers so I set about changing the worn and missing bushes. Reassembled went for a test drive, no reverse gear, stripped down again and rebuilt... no gears. Stripped down a third time and rebuilt. One smooth selecting box. Coilovers arrived today....
                            [ATTACH]5443[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5444[/ATTACH]
                            Springs look tiny.
                            Job for tomorrow morning.

I'm interested to see how these make your van look mate, as I'm also interested in getting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                              I'm interested to see how these make your van look mate, as I'm also interested in getting them.

I have - 40mm vogtland springs with 5mm shims = 50mm drop. There's too much arch gap for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0067_2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	261523

Comment

• Also interested in these, reports on ride too please.

Comment

Working...
                                X