Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 106
  1. #21
    S49's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    worcestershire
    Posts
    12,688
    Thanks
    2,948
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Not got windscreen on our motor trade mate. Tried it years ago when I got sparks imbedded in a client screen while doing a welding job. Want to do myself anyway.

  2. #22
    chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forest of dean
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 571 Times in 480 Posts
    I know this isnít windscreen removal related but has any one used sand blasting for removing rust, (around the screen). Iím guessing it will remove rust in any hard to get places and also get into any pits.


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  3. #23
    S49's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    worcestershire
    Posts
    12,688
    Thanks
    2,948
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,605 Posts
    It does, when the old chap restores a car he always has the shell/chassis sandblasted. It sometimes goes thro metal that looks fine. there are cabinets for doing small stuff, its difficult to do localised bits on a vehicle that's not stripped bare.

  4. #24
    chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forest of dean
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 571 Times in 480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S49 View Post
    It does, when the old chap restores a car he always has the shell/chassis sandblasted. It sometimes goes thro metal that looks fine. there are cabinets for doing small stuff, its difficult to do localised bits on a vehicle that's not stripped bare.
    Could it be used for arches or small patches on sills?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  5. #25
    S49's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    worcestershire
    Posts
    12,688
    Thanks
    2,948
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,605 Posts
    You can get spray gun sized sand blasters that would do that.

  6. #26
    Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    10,912
    Thanks
    4,236
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by S49 View Post
    You can get spray gun sized sand blasters that would do that.
    I've got one for my compressor but it's only really any good in a confined space with a collector for small components. Never tried it on panels or cills. I suppose you could knock up a boarded booth to confine the general target area.

    Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

  7. #27
    S49's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    worcestershire
    Posts
    12,688
    Thanks
    2,948
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 3,605 Posts
    We (dad) used to have our own sandblaster, ex army unit ran it off an ex army compressor run by a PTO off an old grey Fergie tractor. Had to have the throttle pulled wide open to keep up with the air the blaster needed. Would of skinned your hand if you were dull enough to point it at yourself. And you had to wear a space suit to operate the fecker.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to S49 For This Useful Post:

    arfur fox-acre (25th April 2018)

  9. #28
    chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forest of dean
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 571 Times in 480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Activ8 View Post
    I've got one for my compressor but it's only really any good in a confined space with a collector for small components. Never tried it on panels or cills. I suppose you could knock up a boarded booth to confine the general target area.

    Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Yer Iíve seen the compressor type ones, can you get a more direct nozzle for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  10. #29
    Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    10,912
    Thanks
    4,236
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chally69 View Post
    Yer Iíve seen the compressor type ones, can you get a more direct nozzle for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    I think mine just adjusts at the nozzle (?) Great for components.

    Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

  11. #30
    rjhoy02's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    2,125
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 600 Times in 507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chally69 View Post
    Yer Iíve seen the compressor type ones, can you get a more direct nozzle for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    They are pretty localised in their cleaning. The problem with doing round the screen is that you'd find it difficult to stop the abrasive medium from getting inside the cab

    Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhoy02 For This Useful Post:

    Activ8 (25th April 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •