Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    Thanks Guys .

Thanks Rob. Mrs getting involved you must be joking , I came home straight from work yesterday , made myself a cup of tea and took it out to work on the van , came in at 9 o’clock ,she had ,had her food , naff all made for me , a pile of washing up too do ( which I normally do )
    Happy days ehh, by the time I made my supper had an shower and made my packed lunch for work the next day it was gone half ten .

She has no interest , just moans that I spend too much time on the van blah blah , can’t even bring me out a cup of tea while I’m on the van , I work a minimum of 50 hrs a week ,spend all my free time either hobbling or working on the van , I don’t do it because I enjoy it , I’m doing it for them ,for those memories spent away in the van and the fun days out , the way it’s going I’ll happliy drive off into the sunset on my own ! Rant over ( just had another bust up ) how I don’t measure up to how other dads are with the family’s of her amazing friends ffs!
    Mate that’s a screwer. My missus loves the van. And she helped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks Guys .

Thanks Rob. Mrs getting involved you must be joking , I came home straight from work yesterday , made myself a cup of tea and took it out to work on the van , came in at 9 o’clock ,she had ,had her food , naff all made for me , a pile of washing up too do ( which I normally do )
      Happy days ehh, by the time I made my supper had an shower and made my packed lunch for work the next day it was gone half ten .

She has no interest , just moans that I spend too much time on the van blah blah , can’t even bring me out a cup of tea while I’m on the van , I work a minimum of 50 hrs a week ,spend all my free time either hobbling or working on the van , I don’t do it because I enjoy it , I’m doing it for them ,for those memories spent away in the van and the fun days out , the way it’s going I’ll happliy drive off into the sunset on my own ! Rant over ( just had another bust up ) how I don’t measure up to how other dads are with the family’s of her amazing friends ffs!
      Better not go there mate .... mine has decided to review & moderate my content. I read with envy all those 'families' that develop their van.... kids get involved, the wife ambitiously gets a cast-off sewing machine (refurbs it) & takes on the biggest seamstress job ever tackled and does a cracking job with plans to better it next year! Message sent. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks Guys .

Thank mate, you’ve just given me another reason to stay single!! [emoji106]

She’ll come around when it’s done and you’re out enjoying it

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowrider View Post
          She’ll come around when it’s done and you’re out enjoying it
          Yep, that's when "YOUR F'in VAN", becomes "our day-van" , but the griping will just become more specific - comfort, temperature, colours, smells - expect the hole to just vary in depth!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Not much too show for my efforts this week , 90% of the carpeting done , I can see me re-doing some of it in the near future

How do you secure the floor to the van ?
            The plan is to cover the floor before I bolt the R’n’R bed in , but as you can see the floor is in three pieces and needs to be level before I cover the floor .

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• That's getting there. Just have carpet held by mushroom bolts on ours. The floor in the blue one appears to be stuck down.

Comment

Not much too show for my efforts this week , 90% of the carpeting done , I can see me re-doing some of it in the near future

The plan is to cover the floor before I bolt the R’n’R bed in , but as you can see the floor is in three pieces and needs to be level before I cover the floor .

I tigers sealed bits of batten running with the grooves in the floor and then screwed the ply floor to them

It’s all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Comment

Not much too show for my efforts this week , 90% of the carpeting done , I can see me re-doing some of it in the near future

Looks bang on mate

Comment

• Flooring fitted today , all that’s needed is to sort the step and the plastic trim by the rear door , I’m fairly happy with the results and the Mrs likes the bling lol

I tried to add a video as the picture doesn’t do it justice ,it doesn’t show the glitter effect given off by the interior lighting .

Comment

• That's looking tidy. She wanted glitter I wanted rubber but by chance the blue one has it so everyones happy. Nice job Kev.
                      Last edited by S49; 22 September 2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• What? - You're winning the Mrs over with bling flooring! [emoji848] Kev, you're my hero...

Fuckmuppetry & Bodge Award Winner

Comment

Flooring fitted today , all that’s needed is to sort the step and the plastic trim by the rear door , I’m fairly happy with the results and the Mrs likes the bling lol

I tried to add a video as the picture doesn’t do it justice ,it doesn’t show the glitter effect given off by the interior lighting .

Altro walkway? Coal?

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            That's looking tidy. She wanted glitter I wanted rubber but by chance the blue one has it so everyones happy. Nice job Kev.
                            Thanks Si

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            What? - You're winning the Mrs over with bling flooring! [emoji848] Kev, you're my hero...

Fuckmuppetry & Bodge Award Winner
                            Steady on now Rob haha

Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                            Altro walkway? Coal?

Yep that’s the one , I’ve seen it fitted on other vans and liked it

Comment

Thanks Si

Steady on now Rob haha

Yep that’s the one , I’ve seen it fitted on other vans and liked it
                              Good taste!! [emoji6]

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• I’ve not updated here for a while , I’m still waiting on parts to finish off my split charge set up ( I’ll post pics once finished )

But today I fitted some van X curtains .

Comment

Working...
                                X