• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Is it this weekend you're away?
    No Good Friday and Saturday, 2 weekends to get it ready for camping

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Watch out Kev their coping ideas for a T5!
      Trouble maker lol....we still have the T4 you know..
      Up there for thinking, down there for dancing.

Comment

• Sorted out brackets to fix my table to my tailgate when I’m not using the table , tomorrow I’ll hopefully fix the leg to the tailgate too .

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Looks good mate

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• That's a smashing little job Kev. I've seen as Hans said a T5 with the table storage built into the sliding door. Its a bought not built kit in the form of a door trim with pocket and clips to hold the table.

Comment

• Today I fixed the table leg to the tailgate , I cheated and bought a kit.

Fitted .

I then fitted my intercooler , I was surprised by how much better the van pulls , a nice simple mod for the AJT engine .

Quick test drive and wash the van .

Looks good when the vans wet , shite when it has dried haha .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                Today I fixed the table leg to the tailgate , I cheated and bought a kit.

Fitted .

I then fitted my intercooler , I was surprised by how much better the van pulls , a nice simple mod for the AJT engine .

Quick test drive and wash the van .

Looks good when the vans wet , shite when it has dried haha .

Looking Good Kev 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Today I fixed the table leg to the tailgate...

Almost there Kev...

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    That's a smashing little job Kev. I've seen as Hans said a T5 with the table storage built into the sliding door. Its a bought not built kit in the form of a door trim with pocket and clips to hold the table.
                    Does is count if copied?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
                      Looking Good Kev ������������

Thanks Andy

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Almost there Kev...

Nearly Rob then there’s the mechanical and bodywork side of things to sort out .

Comment

• Fitted the siding door panel , I had left it off as there’s loads of dents to sort out , but I’ve put it back on for now .

Comment

• Have trimmed the ply of our sliding panel. But the metal work on it is another matter same with the barn doors, not sure how to go about or just paint them a matching grey.

Comment

Fitted the siding door panel , I had left it off as there’s loads of dents to sort out , but I’ve put it back on for now.

That inner sliding door panel looks all squared off on the top edge Kev.Was that done so it could be carpeted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              That inner sliding door panel looks all squared off on the top edge Kev.Was that done so it could be carpeted?
                              Yes Rob

Comment

• I don’t think my van likes me ......

I attempted to fit a new passenger side lower wishbones today , a nice straight foward job after work .

I managed too loosen all the bolts apart from the camber bolt , I hit the spanner with a lump hammer several times and it still wouldn’t budge , despite the fact that I wire brushed the threads and gave them a spray with penetrating fluid in the week .

After a few hours of swearing it came loose , but now it was seized in the bush !

Another half hour or so and I managed to carefully free it off , I had no choice really as I didn’t have a new camber bolt , it did come close to getting the angle grinder out and leaving the van on axle stands for the week , plus I didn’t fancy heating it up or burning the bush out as it’s right next to the diesel tank .

Check out the corrosion .

Next job was to remove the bottom ball joint from the wishbone , do you think it would come out ? Nope it was stuck solid in there , despite it only being fitted to the van for last years Mot , lots of hitting the wishbone to try and free the taper .

I didn’t fancy using the ball joint splitter as it normally splits the boot , as the joint was good I didn’t want to risk it .

Still no movement so I thought sod this I’ll buy a new one , I phone the local motor factors who are normally there until 3pm , no answer despite phoning several times

I did think of using an angle grinder with a thin disc to split the wishbone , but I continued to hit it with a lump hammer and in the end it gave up

Nice shiny wishbone .

Road test complete

Comment

Working...
                                X