No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top effort fruitbat.... I to have had to tackle rusty bolts this week.

I feel your pain. But it's also very satisfying when it's done.

Comment

• Well done mate,I cut my eccentric bolt out as it was solid in the bush.Great job getting that out!!

Comment

• Nice one. On the Subaru's the bush would seize to the bolt and the rubber would let go so you had a bolt that would spin and not come out, a real pain. You've done well to save the bolt Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
          Top effort fruitbat.... I to have had to tackle rusty bolts this week.

I feel your pain. But it's also very satisfying when it's done.
          Thanks ,everything greased before I put it all back togeather , hopefully it will come apart easier next time

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
          Well done mate,I cut my eccentric bolt out as it was solid in the bush.Great job getting that out!!
          Nightmare , I’d had visions of doing the same , but then having to drop the diesel tank to drill the bolt out of the Bush

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Nice one. On the Subaru's the bush would seize to the bolt and the rubber would let go so you had a bolt that would spin and not come out, a real pain. You've done well to save the bolt Kev.
          Yeah I’ve had that before , one plus side I didn’t have to remove the metal undertray to change the wishbone

Comment

• MOT passed and NO advisories , I’m very happy now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Passed no advisories. That's because of all the hard work put in by you mate.

Comment

• Well done sir.Another 12 months of camper life...

Comment

• Well done Kev, now, go "Camp".

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Passed no advisories. That's because of all the hard work put in by you mate.
                    It’s got to be right Si and I’m such a stickler at times .

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                    Well done sir.Another 12 months of camper life...
                    Thanks , I hope to use it more this year .

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Well done Kev, now, go "Camp".
                    Thanks Rob , camping next weekend weather permitting

Comment

• Shed Seven

I finally got a bit of free time to finish installing the gas bottle for the hob .

The reason I went for the small Coleman bottle is because I’ll only be using the hob for making a cuppa , the second reason is the camping gaz bottles are so expensive .

Everything was going well until I went digging [emoji20]

I’ll try and sort this out during the week , weather / free time depending .

Last edited by Fruitbat; 30 June 2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Nice n neat gas install mate,be nice to see how you go about the seal strip repair,mines gone in a couple of spots,so watching with interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                          Nice n neat gas install mate,be nice to see how you go about the seal strip repair,mines gone in a couple of spots,so watching with interest.

Thankyou .

I’m going to cut out the rot and weld in a new section , pointless patching it , I do have a plan of attack and I’ll take plenty of pics and post them on here

Comment

• Shed Seven

This evening , I’ve cut the rot out .

You can buy sill repair sections from a motor factors but I had a spare half hour in work and had made a rough sketch of the repair section I’d need .

A bit of old school panel beating as I don’t have a box pan folder .

Hopefully, I’ll have the repair finished by the end of the week , if not that’s what I’ll be doing on the weekend .

Comment

• That's it. The old chap has a Sykes folder long enough to make sill section's but if I cant be arsed to pop up I do a similar thing with the top edge of my landlords old tractor trailer.

Comment

• I’ve been putting in the hours this week on the van .

Repair section welded in , not my best welding it was a bit windy and I couldn’t get the grinder in the channel to tidy up the welds , it will be hidden when the rubber is in place , but that’s not the point

I decided to stone chip the area as my thinking was it would offer better protection.

Kind of wish I just used a good filler primer as I didn’t quite get the finish I’d hoped for .

Tonight I put some colour on it .

Hopefully by tommorow evening the paint will have gone hard enough to put the rubber back on .

Then the inside of the van will need a good clean !

Last edited by Fruitbat; 4 July 2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X