Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Engine querie

Good Day to you all
    I am a newby to forums and would welcome any advice, I have a 1996 T4 Reimo syncro it has the AAB 2.5 5cyl engine with a turbo and inter-cooler kit fitted by TB Turbos Lancaster , the problem is on start from cold, Pull out the advance handle, give it some heat, then away she goes, starts and idles well little smoke (faint blue bit smelly ) push in the advance handle then she blue smokes and has a Little Misfire
    give it time to get to Op temp with the Advance handle out, it then smooths out, drive away faint smoke but no real power , i have had all the injectors and the Injection O/hauled and changed the fuel filter, Timing has been checked and adjusted by a Reputable Diesel expert ( and a T4 FAN) but we are both at a loss. Any one had this before?
    Many thanks in advance.

afternoon and welcome, sounds like a question for Reg

Comment

Get the timing checked bud, classic symptoms, it should start without the cold lever [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightfoot ken View Post
        Good Day to you all
        I am a newby to forums and would welcome any advice,
        Good day!

Advice....... try to post in the appropriate section, you may get more replies.

not doubting the work of your expert - but it sounds very much like timing to me.... what is it timed at?

However you don't mention glow plugs - but I assume you'll have done the obvious before splurging cash on injectors and pumps?

You should not need the advance lever at all in the UK

What are the injectors built at (BAR)

What pump on your turbo?

What is the compression like - if it's not injection timing, could be compression.

Comment

As Reg and Red say start with timing sounds like the symtoms.

Comment

Good Day (not) The fault has now developed by passing no 5 conrod out through the coreplug hole and taking some of the crankcase with it !!!! Any body want to buy a tidy syncro reimo camper with a very well protected undercarriage ?

Comment

Sorry to hear this and feel the pain - but don't give up on the T4. Fit a new engine and move-on.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy, great bunch on here if you ever need any advice.

Comment

Working...
                X