New van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john metrac View Post
    You will definitely feel the difference if you get it to 130 it will fly up hills [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    It's quite good up hill as it is, so I can only imagine what 130 will be like! Will definitely help when I'm towing

Sent from my SM-A520F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefrog View Post
      I've also got an economical map too which is 122bhp and 100 miles more economical
      [ATTACH]4099[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s
      So what's the difference between eco and the other how do you switch from 137 to 122, sorry if it's a stupid question [emoji23] I'm a bit clueless with stuff like this

Comment

Originally posted by jones7777 View Post
        So what's the difference between eco and the other how do you switch from 137 to 122, sorry if it's a stupid question [emoji23] I'm a bit clueless with stuff like this

15 bhp lol

I have a box with 3 different map settings on it. Takes 2 mins to change settings when plugged into the socket under the steering wheel. Cant be done while moving

1- standard ecu settings the van came with. Untested but should be around the 88bhp - 500 miles per tank

2- economical - 122bhp. More power than standard significantly - 600/675 miles per tank ( 675 if I drive like a granny)

3- Power - 137bhp, spins up in 3rd gear if not careful. Delivers 500 miles per tank. Rapid to say the least and loads of fun.

Comment

15 bhp lol

I have a box with 3 different map settings on it. Takes 2 mins to change settings when plugged into the socket under the steering wheel. Cant be done while moving

1- standard ecu settings the van came with. Untested but should be around the 88bhp - 500 miles per tank

2- economical - 122bhp. More power than standard significantly - 600/675 miles per tank ( 675 if I drive like a granny)

3- Power - 137bhp, spins up in 3rd gear if not careful. Delivers 500 miles per tank. Rapid to say the least and loads of fun.

That's really handy especially if your planning a long trip stick it on eco ..... let me guess you have it on option 3 most of the time lol

Comment

Originally posted by jones7777 View Post
            That's really handy especially if your planning a long trip stick it on eco ..... let me guess you have it on option 3 most of the time lol

No I have it on economical 99% of the time.

The 1% I have 3 on is when people say my van is slow... shock on their face when it's spinning up is so funny.

Economical as well as cruise control on my long journeys to Norfolk and Lincolnshire makes such a difference.

Cost is more than your standard map.

However in 12 months it will have paid for itself in the extra miles I gain per tank. In two years that saving will cover all the other mods I've done to the van

Comment

Happy days, sounds like you've got a great set up. Thanks for all the info [emoji106]

Comment

What injectors have you got in

sent from over there

Comment

No I have it on economical 99% of the time.

The 1% I have 3 on is when people say my van is slow... shock on their face when it's spinning up is so funny.

Economical as well as cruise control on my long journeys to Norfolk and Lincolnshire makes such a difference.

Cost is more than your standard map.

However in 12 months it will have paid for itself in the extra miles I gain per tank. In two years that saving will cover all the other mods I've done to the van

Interesting stuff, who did the mapping blue frog....?

Comment

I'm quite interested in this - my 102 seems a bit flat. My mate took it for its MoT and said it goes OK but could do with a turbo! Got a few things to check and clean I think. Could do with a map like yours...any info?

Sent from my D6603 using Just T4s

Comment

Defo worth the IC and mapping on a 88 so much nicer to drive and like JP says better economy. Just don't go mad like I did, when mine was 250 and I booted it it was returning around 12mpg!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Don't forget mpg is a function of tyre size.............when mine had 235/40 x18's on it used to do 685-700 /tankful which translates to 42/43mpg.

Now it's got 245/45 x18's it does 620/tankful which translates to 38mpg, but the ride is better and it turns in and stops better and the speedo and odometer are accurate now.

(it's on PP0.5 injectors with an intercooler remapped to 128bhp and 268 ftlbs torque.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dazteen View Post
                          What injectors have you got in

sent from over there
                          Standard 88bhp ones... has been a looked after van

Comment

Originally posted by Ross.b View Post
                            Interesting stuff, who did the mapping blue frog....?
                            Luke Hutsby @ MPG Remaps up in Staffordshire. Well worth the drive up there imo. If you go for it mention my name (JP)

Comment

Originally posted by T4Timmy View Post
                              I'm quite interested in this - my 102 seems a bit flat. My mate took it for its MoT and said it goes OK but could do with a turbo! Got a few things to check and clean I think. Could do with a map like yours...any info?

Sent from my D6603 using Just T4s
                              Yours has a turbo if it's the 2.5 102

Comment

Luke Hutsby @ MPG Remaps up in Staffordshire. Well worth the drive up there imo. If you go for it mention my name (JP)

Cheers matey....

Comment

Working...
                                X