Advice on changing glow plugs AJT engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    I’ll try and do them on the weekend if I can get some pipe , anyone know the bore size , van starts on the button when warm though .
    Probably wont hurt to do them anyway as you'll need to get into service mode to see if there are bubbles in the lines.

Bore size 3mm or 1/8"

Comment

The glow plug light comes on with ign and then goes out ,would I still need to check fuse , also if I change the leak down pipes would I need to bleed the system after ? Are the leak down pipes anything special or just fuel pipes ?.
      Just replace all the pipes (needle pliers help here), no need to bleed, should fire straight up, run a bit rough for a little while until the system self primes

Regardless of the glow plug light, you need to check for 12v on the glow plug bus bar. No supply could well be the blade fuse in the engine bay

Comment

I’ll try and do them on the weekend if I can get some pipe , anyone know the bore size , van starts on the button when warm though .
        Probably wont hurt to do them anyway as you'll need to get into service mode to see if there are bubbles in the lines.

Bore size 3mm or 1/8"

Comment

Pipes - I just bought a kit on fleabay.
          The seller is no longer on there but the product was,
          VW T4 NBR NITRILE RUBBER DIESEL LEAK SPILL OFF KIT WITH CAP INJECTOR PIPE 3.2MM

So here's a link to some that are similar,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-METER-B...C2KG11O-uGMyqA

One leaked again after fitting them but it was my fault as I'd cut it slightly short, replaced it with another slightly longer and it's nice and dry around the injectors now.
          That's another way to tell. The injectors and pipe should look bone dry, if one looks wet it could be the culprit.

With regards to the clear pipe in the fuel line, it might only show air bubbles when first started as the injector pump will quickly clear the line, unless it's a leak before the pump.
          1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Working...
          X