Can't lower the bus so what wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Why not look at the OEM sports suspension (springs / shocks) on Multivan and OEM Multivan rims. Or items with TuV (with certification). I assume an approval in the EEC is an approval throughout Europe?

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK
    You would think wouldn't you.

Not the case.

A friend of mine 'imported' a Belgian Ford Focus. Stock standard Tdi, no mods, not trick wheels, nothing.

They had to get a certificate of conformity from BELGIUM, they then had to have an inspection by customs and excise, which included, get this, a request to remove the engine so that they could find the engine number, then an equivalent of an MOT.

The whole process to bring a standard car from one European country to another took almost a year and cost in excess of 800 euros PLUS all of the time, effort and diesel driving hundreds of kms to get this or that piece of paper or inspection.

It is locked down like Alcatraz here. The only way to 'overcome' these 'challenges' is to ignore and break them! ;-)

Comment

So is there a register of historical pre-approved modifications?

Comment

As the van has adjustable front suspension , unless the ride height is specified in your paperwork you can lower or raise it to suit the "Loads" you carry.

Comment

If our Dave lived in Portugal he'd get 18 years to life with his suspension.

Comment

So is there a register of historical pre-approved modifications?

Even a towbar needs paperwork mate. Window tints have to be etched by the installer (who must be approved and therefore "trustworthy") and accompanied by the relevant paperwork.
            Honestly, you have no idea.....you just wouldn't believe it.
            When I hear you guys saying how you're upping the size of your wheels or whatever youre changing I just weep.
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                Even a towbar needs paperwork mate. Window tints have to be etched by the installer (who must be approved and therefore "trustworthy") and accompanied by the relevant paperwork.
                Honestly, you have no idea.....you just wouldn't believe it.
                When I hear you guys saying how you're upping the size of your wheels or whatever youre changing I just weep.
                And a little way down the road in grease they still drive petrol rotivators attached to a trolly type things on roads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                  Sounds like a nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                  It is. A friend put a solar panel on his t4.....failed itv. Had to get an engineer's report to put it on his ficha technica (document that goes with the log book containing all the information on the car)...total cost e380. Just to allow him to fit a solar panel.
                  You don't realise how lucky you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                    And a little way down the road in grease they still drive petrol rotivators attached to a trolly type things on roads

Yeah, can imagine.

Comment

As the van has adjustable front suspension , unless the ride height is specified in your paperwork you can lower or raise it to suit the "Loads" you carry.

Has adjustable front suspension? Seriously?

Didn't know that!

Comment

You can alter the height by changing the tension on the front torsion bars. Have a look at the thread in the tec section.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          If our Dave lived in Portugal he'd get 18 years to life with his suspension.
                          Hell no...

They would just brand and castrate him and let him live the rest!

Oh, did I mention the fine?

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                            Hell no...

They would just brand and castrate him and let him live the rest!

Oh, did I mention the fine?
                            I recon they would make him drive a boggo standard citroen relay van in white..

Comment

Tec section, suspension. Dans thread "Lowering front suspension"

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                                Hmmm interesting ;-)

Tell me more Dave ;-)
                                Just replace top mount, damper is sent slightly further into chassis and bump stop section of the original mount is deleted to allow more movement of the upper wishbone
                                Attached Files
                                Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Working...
                                X