New member in Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Essex

Hi everyone, brought myself a t4 over the Christmas period as I’ve always fancied converting a camper and thought let’s just do it! Normally I’m working on jap cars and in to drifting but thought it would be a nice change to do something a little more laid back and comfortable.

The van it’s self isn’t anything special and was a blind eBay purchase, I know I know! Never a wise idea but it wasn’t mega money and thought I’d take a punt.......

When it got delivered the driver firstly had to jump it, didn’t worry me too much as I’ve already got plans for the van and twin yellow tops are in that plan, then the driver proceeded to tell me that there’s no brakes?! That was a surprise as the van was listed as mechanically sound with the brakes not the best so I presumed working but needed new disks and pads etc, worst case dodgy caliper, either way again I wasn’t too worried as a big brake conversion is also in the pipeline, however the driver continued to tell me the seller had told him there was a split line somewhere (no split lines found but been advised of a common issue on the rear brake splitter/booster?). Then things started getting really fun! The delivery driver opened the sliding door and..... it fell off!!! The side bottom runner/sill is non existent! So on the whole I started to question the practicality of keeping this van on road, especially as the plan was to bring it up to show quality/very high end camper! But after investigating the rust and replacement panel costs and talking to a mate with welding skills very nicely decided it was still worth while.

So thought I best introduce myself on here as no doubt they’ll be stupid questions I have and need to draw on you guys expertise as I go through the build.

I know how you guys love pics so here’s some pics of the van currently

So the plan is to strip it back, repair all rust, engine conversion, glass out respray and bed with kitchenette in the rear, so far I’ve just been researching and ordering parts and finishing off my current drift build and once that’s ready I’ll get a build thread up and keep that updated for anybody interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome there mate

Comment

Welcome mate, so your going deep into the renovation, good on you. Keep us all posted and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome!!!
        I am getting proper confused now!! Was there a big publicity thing we have missed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Hi mate welcome to team red, where in essex are ya, there's a few of us about [emoji106]

Comment

Hi guys. Always end up deep into projects! Very much if its not right its wrong kind of guy haha. Sorry greeny you’ve confused me now, big publicity ting? I’m in Southend thebigredone, thanks for welcoming me to team red, however wont be a member for long, planning on going for a very light/pastel blue, kind of colour normally found on split screens etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That's why I got in quick lol it'll always be red underneath [emoji16][emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by kingk View Post
                Hi guys. Always end up deep into projects! Very much if its not right its wrong kind of guy haha. Sorry greeny you’ve confused me now, big publicity ting? I’m in Southend thebigredone, thanks for welcoming me to team red, however wont be a member for long, planning on going for a very light/pastel blue, kind of colour normally found on split screens etc

Loads of new members joined today, inwas wondering if there was a publicity thing i had missed.

Comment

Think they look nice in the pastel colours. When we get the screen out of ours to tidy the aperture we're going for a green roof and pillars....at the risk of slowing the old bus down a bit.

Comment

Actually I think its white underneath haha everyone must be getting ready for summer! Yeah I was thinking pastel blue exterior with white/off white banded steelies and getting the interior retrimmed in the same colours, hopefully it’ll work well

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

evening and welcome

Comment

Cheers lads

Also here’s a couple of links to 2 other projects I’m currently working on if anybody’s interested

Nissan Cedric GT
                          https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

C33 laurel with rb25det
                          https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

I think a few of you guys might have already seen them on sxoc already

Comment

Welcome

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Some serious work gone into them mate [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X