Just downloaded the app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
    Ah I will have it, about 15 years ago I was forced by the company I worked for into a a number of different vans, a long high transit a long low Toyota d4d twin turbo thing and then a Vauxhall combo (the old Corsa style with the stuck on bit over the cab) and a mazda wreck.
    And the best by far was the Toyota by a long shot, even if it got me points on my licence!!!
    Combo was gutless
    Transit had no personality and didn't feel like it was attached to the road.
    Mazda was ok and petrol but as you were sat on the engine and in the crumple zone it wasn't safe added to this on the motorway the door windows flexed out like a bird and it got windy inside!!!

However when I was 17 (a long time ago!!) I worked for a vw dealers calls Ian Skellys and drove a number of vw vans mainly t4s and honestly I wouldn't swap mine (called ness) for anything but a manual vr6

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    I too had a toyota powervan at one time i got to know the people a the petrol station really well it was bad on fuel

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by GregHolmes View Post
      I've drove a lot of different vans also. Always come back to a t4 [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s
      In the blood man!!

Comment

Ok, there's members scattered all over the UK it seems!!
        Your love it on here! Everyone is friendly and share advise and some just know everything so it's great [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
          I too had a toyota powervan at one time i got to know the people a the petrol station really well it was bad on fuel

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
          Yea I did 1500 miles in a week it beasted my wages that week I will tell you!
          It was at that point I said that I wanted a fuel card rather than reimbursed for the cash out lay. Awsome power but yea not good on fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
            Ok, there's members scattered all over the UK it seems!!
            Your love it on here! Everyone is friendly and share advise and some just know everything so it's great [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Yea there's a few bits I need info on. Best new springs and shocks to go for, going to go back to black bumpers so best place for them. Actually my list is endless [emoji23]
            In the process of making an alloy roof rack and side ladder. Made my alloy sidebars that are fitted. Super light and so much better than the steel ones

Comment

I wanted to have s go at making my own side bars, how did you fit them to the van? Screwed into the underneath???

Comment

How are you planning on mounting your roof rack, I personally don't like to drill into the roof!
                Interested in this as I wouldn't mind attempting a roof rack too

Comment

Welcome bud nice van

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Comment

I wanted to have s go at making my own side bars, how did you fit them to the van? Screwed into the underneath???

There is a pdf of 6/7 individual drawings knocking about I just copied them. Made the bars 63mm alloy tube with 3mm wall. They basically just bolt straight onto the chassis in existing holes. As for the rack, I'm still undecided how to fix to the roof. Here's how far I got with the side bars of the rack 1200mm in length

Comment

Originally posted by GregHolmes View Post
                      There is a pdf of 6/7 individual drawings knocking about I just copied them. Made the bars 63mm alloy tube with 3mm wall. They basically just bolt straight onto the chassis in existing holes. As for the rack, I'm still undecided how to fix to the roof. Here's how far I got with the side bars of the rack 1200mm in length

Do you have a bending machine then? Looking good

Comment

Do you have a bending machine then? Looking good

Yea just used a pipe bender.

Comment

Use to have s bloody scissor upright pipe bender, only got the hand ones now that do 15mm / 22mm [emoji35] couldn't drive around with 22mm side bars!!! 🤣

Comment

Nice van mate, welcome to the forum, any pictures of the inside or plans for it ? [emoji106]

Comment

Welcome aboard. The van looks great. I'm in Derby so not to far away from you...

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                                Nice van mate, welcome to the forum, any pictures of the inside or plans for it ? [emoji106]

Here's a couple

Comment

Working...
                                X