New owner possibly near maidstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Each van has its pros and cons to us as existing drivers. You'll love it what ever you buy.

Bottom line as a prospective buyer is your budget.
    Both vans need money, time, effort and constant TLC.
    You've stated that you cannot buy both at a £2k outlay (which would be a good move and one that could pay off financially in the medium term)
    So, your budget is what? An additional £800?

So, financially you need to assess your expenditure against your budget and time frame.

MOT soon
    Insurance
    Tax
    Initial necessities and buys - heating repair? What else?
    Repairs - What needs doing and when?
    Mods - Wheels / Tyres , Glass , Seating , Suspension , Stereo
    Maintenance - Servicing , Belts , Turbo , Timing ? What needs doing and when?
    Shows

As we all know and experience these vans can bite you on the arse and suck your spare cash - sometimes they're choices , sometimes they're forced upon you.
    no room for two extra vehicles at home so only room for one .
    will be a daily driver for me . 6 mile each way to work max as well as out regular visits to cornwall with 3 kids and 2 dogs lol

as for the heating im looking now for various options , then the cost involved .. in repairing .. wont know 100 % unfortunatly untill we choose which to possibly buy
    uk garrison

Comment

I like Activs measured approach where as I would be buy it, it'll be fine..........then i'd get the ear ache later. Mind in thirty years I cant think of too many pups that I,ve had........one very ropey XR3i. But even then your never bored with a ford.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        I like Activs measured approach where as I would be buy it, it'll be fine..........then i'd get the ear ache later. Mind in thirty years I cant think of too many pups that I,ve had........one very ropey XR3i. But even then your never bored with a ford.
        your like me , i been thinking about one for a while then 2 come along at once lol and cant make my mind up , pick one or wait .
        bored with a ford lol , yer i had a few ford problems i mean ford probes lol
        uk garrison

Comment

At that price you'd best buy one of em............before the scene tax kicks in and they think they can get more.

Comment

I think 7 up in the van including camping / festival gear you may need the 2.5tdi!

Comment

Usually go away and oldest son takes his car . But when there we all jump in mine and have two shih tzu dogs in the boot ... every time we go away . Wish we had a t4 ...so basicly 4 adults a 13 year old and 2 dogs . Not after kitchen etc . Just some where a little more roomy than the civic lol. Carpeted with side windows some rear seats . Possibly 2 in rear with one removable one untill can get apossibly a r and r bed

Wife ..camping lmao

Again im now looking up worse case senario for heater not working . Only when adjusted under bonnet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
              uk garrison

Comment

That's our plan with ours, trimmed out cargo bay with RnR bed at most. Just want to park by a beach open the side door and watch the world go by. With the odd bottle of Henry Weston thrown in of course .

Comment

I'm late reading up on this but at a grand I wouldn't think twice!!!
                  Even if you had to spend a further grand on the bits you want doing you'll have a sound base at 2k
                  No brainer to me mate [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
                    I'm late reading up on this but at a grand I wouldn't think twice!!!
                    Even if you had to spend a further grand on the bits you want doing you'll have a sound base at 2k
                    No brainer to me mate [emoji12]

I will go with one and very tempted with the 2.5 even though the 1.9 has the side windows . Rear seat etc and no welding to do on inner arches though minimal but then that has its fauls . Prob need some bushes and maybe lower arms .
                    Currently reading up what i can on heater issues . Seems alot just live with it . Havent found a full solution as yet . Plus without full diagnosis its a tricky one . I did think it would be a case of a trip to scrappy and all be good on that count

Both need some money spent in all fairness . Body not an issue and again . The 2.5 although been de stickerd does look better body wise . But then if wrapping the van either will do on that count but the 2.5 seems straighter

As for the barn doors i do actually like those but would possibly swap for ones with glass . Bolox i like both barn doors and tailgate [emoji23]

Like busses . Non then two come along at once

On the plus side . Boss has a 3 seater bench seat with 3 belts so seating for rear of either is sorted . Very similar / same style to the rear seats of the 1.9 just a row of 3 and not 2 seperate ones .though may need covers if you can get them .

uk garrison

Comment

Welcome mate . Go with your heart. Their both projects . Enjoy the build.

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Here’s my 20p worth...

If you’re thinking “if the 2.5 had windows I’d buy that one” then get the 2.5. You can add windows much cheaper to that than you could convert the 1.9 to a 2.5 should you regret that later!

I’m sure the heater controls wouldn’t be a hard fix once you have it to play with- but as you say, lots of people just live with it and enjoy the rest of T4 life.

Comment

What’s not working on the heater? Is the blower coming on? Or is the heat control not working? As in turn it and not give heat or cool air?

Worse case for the heater, unless it’s just the cable snapped, and I’d say the only option is to buy a new unit. Allow £150.

Over on the other forum, some bloke bought second hand and it broke in a week or two. Buy cheap, buy twice...

And I’d go for the 2.5

Last edited by Snowrider; 26 January 2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Hi mate. 2.5 [emoji106].

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

Apparently it may be the cable . Which im now looking for replacements if atall possible

Leaning towards the 2.5 now ... cosmeticly neither are perfect but do think apart fron arch inside van that the 2.5 seems vetter body wise . Though not paint wise

uk garrison

Comment

I reckon that 2.5 would look quite a bit different with a bit of elbow grease - with all the sign writing remnants etc gone from a good polish it will look a lot better. But it’s only cosmetic anyway- the less rust the better and as long as it’s generally mechanically sound, the rest can be done in your own time based on time and budget! [emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                                X