Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171217-112900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	262342

I dunno, kids eh

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      Fine, let everyone stick with standard 60mm forum lows that drive like shit
      Neither of mine drive like shit!
      Apart from its looks , hows does your ride height drive better?
      A better drive interests us all...

Has anybody else driven your van to offer an opinion on it?
      Oh Reg.... an objective opinion is required as you may be the only other driver?

I nipped into B&Q yesterday , Xmas trees at £20 caught my eye (we're not ones for starting Xmas in October) and I was confronted by 3 of the tallest speed bumps I'd ever crossed over and theres no way I could of passed over these in your van at its ride height. I've got to repair the front chinny this week. B&Q Customer Services were expertly unhelpful and refused to even log the complaint! Its a great excuse to never go to B&Q again but the Mrs will be advising me differently!

Comment

My point was that you can have a van that drives as well at 100mm+ lower and handle as well as the higher settings. Most people lower it and think banging off the bump stops is the norm, or chomp the chassis to shit. Quality of the ride on these vans is all about good quality dampers, good ball joints, track rod ends and suspension arm bushes
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Ride comfort is one thing, clearance is another, anyone that is committed to going lower than normal knows there will be a compromise to where you can drive. My engine hitting the floor is a fairly common occurrence. There is a sweet spot that is lower than the norm but remains perfectly drivable, about 600mm arch height works well

Comment

Drive it like this from north devon to cornwall, hit the engine a few times but didn't get beached anywhere...
            Attached Files

Comment

This is with full size tyres, even then it was lower than average, drove to inverness and back with the comfort of a standard van
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread Gregg, just nice to show people what is realistically possible.

And yes A8, Reg will always think whatever I do is shit, and his stuff is great, that's just standard

Comment

I'll always admire a pioneer Dave,
                  Anyway now that Reg is resigned to chat up lines from lycra wearing activists who waste time chasing bum-cracks , his opinions are weakening!

Plus if further evidence was required I'm sure we could find Reg's lunar buggy entry into The North Devonshire Space Race competition.

Comment

I like the stance of Jon Brooks van.....page 3 on his build thread not sure how low it is just looks cool. Ares will go lower in the new year. Have a 50mm drop on it with some cheap fleabay jobs but it looks lower left rear compared to the right. Is that the norm with cheap springs or is one in upside down. Will have a good look Tuesday when we get it mot'd

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                      This is with full size tyres, even then it was lower than average, drove to inverness and back with the comfort of a standard van
                      Just a thought Sausages, but why did you pull over here?
                      Theres uniquely no traffic on the road, plus confusingly to you North Devoners 2 lanes and a tractor stop/caravan park/RV park right next to it.
                      Surprised you didn't try a land grab and claim it for Devon?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1200px-Flag_of_Devon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	262345

I could only surmise it was an opportunity to plan for a semi- (AHU limp mode on hills) before the next hill climb?

Comment

Hi would be grate if you did a thread on the 130pd when you come to fit it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Just a thought Sausages, but why did you pull over here?
                          Theres uniquely no traffic on the road, plus confusingly to you North Devoners 2 lanes and a tractor stop/caravan park/RV park right next to it.
                          Surprised you didn't try a land grab and claim it for Devon?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6957[/ATTACH]

I could only surmise it was an opportunity to plan for a semi- (AHU limp mode on hills) before the next hill climb?
                          Nothing more exciting than breaking my neck for piss I'm afraid

Comment

Funny thing is, from here to Inverness, the worst hills are on the north Devon link road

Comment

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
                              Hi would be grate if you did a thread on the 130pd when you come to fit it

Shall do...just need a sump and I should have pretty much everything i need (bar gaskets etc)
                              Last edited by alPinaD; 17 December 2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

How about drive shafts?

Comment

Working...
                                X