No announcement yet.

Hi im new to forum from bristol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and welcome! Your obviously a good handyman to have built that cooker unit, nice work 👍

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Grubb05 View Post
      Hi and welcome! Your obviously a good handyman to have built that cooker unit, nice work 👍

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s
      Thanks mate first time iv done wood work came out well try it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Whats your status & current relationship with the suppliers / installers like? Was it all done by the same company? Are you now being fobbed off, if not what are they suggesting. No need to name them.

Are you able to check timing and fault code the ECU using VCDS when it drops into limp mode?

I assume restarting the engine resets the van?

We're all happy to help but may need some detailed info.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
        Only fault code is start of injection timing but on vagcom says its good i use a very good garage in bristol
        But the remap was done elsewhere also had good reviews im sure its something silly but everytime iv asked questions on why its doing it no definate answer but suspect fuel pump i bought a replacenent pump last week and have it going in garage today to be fitted im hoping this will be it 🤞im bored of going back and forth to garages now i just want to drive the van and not worry about it

Comment

Oh and im not being fobbed of in anyway both garages are good its when i upgraded things started going wrong so possibly tuning issue or pump? Any other people had the injector upgrade issue?

Comment

Originally posted by guyfisher90 View Post
            Oh and im not being fobbed of in anyway both garages are good its when i upgraded things started going wrong so possibly tuning issue or pump? Any other people had the injector upgrade issue?

Nice1 bud. Happy to hear you're being supported by the guys you're using.

Comment

Simply adding larger injectors and an IC - ignoring the remap - results in the symptoms you describe. Most of that lumpy tick over can be ironed out using SOI Adaption in VCDS. On a run there will be a little smoke at least until you get to temp.

A remap would address the pump timing & smoke maps to suit the larger nozzle.

If you have VCDS check your SOI fuelling & the timing. If it's too far advanced your van will go into limp mode as the revs climb. You've got to get a base level of VCDS data and work it through.

You're chucking a load of time & money at this, but before doing anything else get the basics setup and proven first. Work it through.

Comment

Welcome

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Comment

Welcome...

I’m not one of the helpful ones as I’m not mechanically minded, but quite a few here are, as you’ve probably seen from the replies...

Hope you get sorted [emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hi and welcome on board. Hope it gets sorted soon. Keep us updated

Comment

Hi i am newish , have been reading bits and bobs. Like that nice lwb van

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                        Hi i am newish , have been reading bits and bobs. Like that nice lwb van

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s
                        Welcome!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

nice van Guy, same as Snowrider, nothing mechanically useful from me either. I do like your cooker unit, I wouldn't bother with adding a sink though, waste of valuable space

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Simply adding larger injectors and an IC - ignoring the remap - results in the symptoms you describe. Most of that lumpy tick over can be ironed out using SOI Adaption in VCDS. On a run there will be a little smoke at least until you get to temp.

A remap would address the pump timing & smoke maps to suit the larger nozzle.

If you have VCDS check your SOI fuelling & the timing. If it's too far advanced your van will go into limp mode as the revs climb. You've got to get a base level of VCDS data and work it through.

You're chucking a load of time & money at this, but before doing anything else get the basics setup and proven first. Work it through.

Thanks for help its back in garage now so fingers crossed they will be able to sort it il keep you posted il also send this to mechanic

Comment

This is oldfaithfull 2.4 deisel

Comment

Originally posted by guyfisher90 View Post
                                This is oldfaithfull 2.4 deisel

Great looking vans the both of them and you're a pretty handy interior designer too... hope the van gets sorted... keep us all posted...

Comment

Working...
                                X