No announcement yet.

Dual purpose van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front unit was clipped to the bulk head and the two back pieces simply dropped in

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks ideal, very comfy
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

That's the kind of thing I will be looking to achieve eventually.

Comment

Have a look for multivan seats. They are a triple seat that folds down along with a shelf at the rear to make a full width bed.
          Also they are completely removable in under 2 minutes. Which means it can be a 5 seater vehicle, camper and completely empty Van in the matter of minutes.

That's what my plan is for my van.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

It would be perfect but as I have said earlier it wouldn't be allowed. I understand you are thinking to remove it before the itv but if the Guadia Civil stop me in one of their many roadblock/controls they would quickly realise about the seats and put a fine for me. Worse still if anybody used the seats. All vehicles here have a document that must stay with the car (ficha techica) and the number of seats is one of the details recorded on it, amongst other stuffs.

Comment

I am taking a risk when I set it up in camping mode really but I can talk my way out of that as it doesn't actually breach the ficha technica.

Comment

Well, the wife is sulking. I can tell because she has a face like a witch-doctors rattle. So this means time to work on the van. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	258168. This picture shows my parking spaces in the garage where i live. As you can see its like a bloody cave. Dark doesnt begin to describe it. As a result i have difficulty getting in and out of the van and the original interior light is.......,well...., yeah. I need more light in the cabina.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	258169 i cut out an area from the trim piece above to doors like so. Click image for larger version

Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	258170. This will be tidyied up later when i have more acurate measurements. What it has allowed me is space to mount these Click image for larger version

Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	258171 and this should give more more light to direct at the step, because this is where i slip and crash my head into the a-pillar. I dont swear at all though, honest.

Comment

Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	258172
                    Now i have a new problem to fix. Needs some consideration.
                    The same car has yielded a nice centre console for the roof, i like these very much and it will give me somewhere to put my sunglasses (very important equiptment here, NEVER leave home without them if you want your sight to last as long as you do). I have lost too many pairs to a slippery dash and open window combination, and they are not cheap, eh?
                    I saw other peoples roof consoles on here and the other place, its just a fraction of the inspiration i gained from the two resources. I couldnt build this van without these sites and this thread is my way to pay back a litlle. I chose this site to host because i want to help it develop.

Comment

They also have a handy coat hook.

Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	258173Click image for larger version

Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	258174
                      I also carpeted the roof inside (using much advise from you lot, again thanks) and dry them in front of the fire. She tells me solvent abuse isnt cool anymore..........its effing news to me. Feels cool enough.
                      The carpet give a nice warm feeling, much like the solvent fumes.

Comment

My best friend is a Romainian Gypsy, and you know how them boys love their scrap metal. Well his Vito (booooooo, hisssssss) is broken gearbox so he borrowed my van.

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	258175Click image for larger version

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	258175
                        And this explains that i have to careful that i dont put anything too nice in my van, my speaker grilles are already dented in.
                        My job has me installing high end bespoke glass products into million pound houses (84 million euro yacht last year) and the quality of finish demanded is so high that i want my van to be the antipode of this. I am by nature a ratty person and i want my van to be.....,rustic, lets say. So no point spending a fortune on him. Thats good for my bank.

Comment

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	258177Click image for larger version

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	258176
                          More pictures of drying carpet. I shouls say that i insulated the roof but nobody needs to see pictures of that? Plenty of them on here already.
                          Then i got bored so took the wifes dog for a walk. I have lived in many places in my life but one thing i insist on is i can walk to the sea. I have not seen it for four days now so i went to the top of a nearby hill to check its still there.

Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	258178
                          It is, so thats good.
                          On the way back i saw this.

Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	258179
                          Not sure this would pass in u.k. Health and safety are still two seperate words here though, for now.
                          Thanks for listening, Arfur.

Comment

What did you get the grab handles from mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

They are from a grand voyager. I have no idea what year, sorry. The same car donated the centre console so all the cabin lights now match, more to come on that front soon.

Comment

if this has worked it should be a picture of my tailgate. More important, I sent it from my phone and that means this thread will be much bigger and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X