X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hole was my motto [emoji15]
    Then I got married.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    Last edited by Greeny gtc; 16 October 2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Just for Simon lol this was part way through cleaning it all up, I had changed the oil seal by this point, getting the old one out was a pain in the arse !!!

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Cheers. I'll mention the water pump to my mechanic. He's getting a bit of a list!

Comment

Originally posted by tallpaul View Post
          Cheers. I'll mention the water pump to my mechanic. He's getting a bit of a list!
          I would get it done just incase, if it does go and the timing belt has to come off you ain't gonna want to use the same belt again, just more expense !!!👍

Comment

Pump comes off the front of the engine - then you can replace the o ring on the block that'll be hard brittle and leaking.

No need to replace the water pump with a 1.9 belt swap.

Do pre load the injection pump against the locking pin when you time back off

And do knock the cam pulley off the taper with a 6mm punch through the special hole in the metal plate.

DO NOT rely on the cam locking bar or the pump locking pin to hold whilst you try to undo some bolts - the pump housing can crack and the notch can snap off the end of the cam.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Pump comes off the front of the engine - then you can replace the o ring on the block that'll be hard brittle and leaking.

No need to replace the water pump with a 1.9 belt swap.

Do pre load the injection pump against the locking pin when you time back off

And do knock the cam pulley off the taper with a 6mm punch through the special hole in the metal plate.

DO NOT rely on the cam locking bar or the pump locking pin to hold whilst you try to undo some bolts - the pump housing can crack and the notch can snap off the end of the cam.
              Nice one, cheers reg 👍

Comment

Working...
              X