Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie T4 Fettler Saying Hi to fellow T4 owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie T4 Fettler Saying Hi to fellow T4 owners!

Joined yesterday after reviewing the site... and it fits my maddening needs as a T4 nut...

I'm based in Derby, own a few vans all in varying levels of "development" and need some technical support and inspiration!
    For the past few years I've been mapping my own AJT and ACV ECU's and I am now looking to upgrade the turbo hardware, pump etc...
    Anyone fitted a GT2260V / GT2556V or GT2559V?
    Anyone fitted an eBay Maxpeeding Rods Universal turbo GT28xx?
    Anyone fitted the Chinese manufactured 11 to 12mm diesel pump upgrade ?
    Anyone built there own inlet or exhaust manifolds?

I realise theres a ton of other factors to consider but its always good to get other experiences - good and bad!
    Why has no-one ever got to the same bhp / torque levels as the infamous shadowmaker? Was it down to spending money?
    Look forward to hearing from you?

Hello and welcome, that's greek to us ABL nuts, what engine do you have? Regcheeseman may shed some light he is the injection pump demon.

Comment

Welcome along dude would love to see some photos od your vans

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

My daily driver for the last 10 years is a 158k 2.5TDi AJT red panel van dumped on 19" Lorinser Alloys

Comment

Cheers. Yep, will do.

Comment

Tidy put some pics up when you get the chance, we're a nosey lot on here mate.

Comment

Why geek? Those ABL'S have a huge scope for turbo & fuel mods!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Been I the trade for 35 years, but never into tuning that much, its just all those numbers you quoted mate.Since getting the T4 in January has reawakened my interest in motors. Always loved vdubs, got a corrado vr6,polo gti and a 56 plate caddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Why geek? Those ABL'S have a huge scope for turbo & fuel mods!

Welcome
                  I thinkno was the mapping bit s49 was confused by [emoji12] with not having an ecu we can only tune our abl engines lol...

Not done much with tjenother engines but i am interested as my bro in law has one of the bigger engined t4s
                  Hope you find the info you want and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Trade? Vehicle sales, parts / components?

Comment

Spanner monkey mate. Got a little workshop in a village on the Herefordshire, Shropshire border all very boring stuff but it pays the bills..........just.

Comment

I work for fabrication company and we make bespoke manifolds and exhausts. I'm in the process of designing a new one for Ruby...

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        My T4 Ruby....She squeaks and rattles but I wouldn't change her for the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Alijbuck View Post
                          I work for fabrication company and we make bespoke manifolds and exhausts. I'm in the process of designing a new one for Ruby...

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          I was thinking of fitting the Volvo / AEL D5252T inlet manifold first then getting the exhaust manifold fabricated to take the larger turbo fitting or something that was a little more universal like a T3 fitting?

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Hi, welcome. Pictures are also welcome, please.
                              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Working...
                              X