Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My van... pod and full width r&r bed going in this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig.jerram View Post
    Great looking, like the layout

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s
    Thanks, it took a bit of working out and measuring up, needed the 3 seats in the back for the kids as it’s a daily runner. The bench seat will seat 2 kids comfortably. We seat 5 in the fan comfortably. The r&r bed when folded down is about 1” away from the bench seat which is ideal for sleeping if you’re a bit taller than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
      Every right to be proud of that! It’s a proper job.

In my experience there is never any such thing as “complete”! [emoji16]

Tom
      Thanks Tom, I’ve still got a sheet of carbon laminated ply so will hopefully find time to do the kickboard and slide draw soon... need to muster up the motivation... think I’ll get out and enjoy the bus for a few months before I start the next phase.

Paul

Comment

Nice van ...really nice

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

That’s a bloody nice looking van mate 🤙🏻

Comment

That's gorgeous that is!

My T4 Ruby....She squeaks and rattles but I wouldn't change her for the world!

Comment

Great work Paul that looks fantastic, i bet your well pleased with the results!
              Any before pics?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by paul west View Post
                Thanks, it took a bit of working out and measuring up, needed the 3 seats in the back for the kids as it’s a daily runner. The bench seat will seat 2 kids comfortably. We seat 5 in the fan comfortably. The r&r bed when folded down is about 1” away from the bench seat which is ideal for sleeping if you’re a bit taller than most.

Looks really good, I never wanted full size bed due to loosing cupboards etc but the layout you have would work for us.

Currently kids take it in turns of sleeping on cab bed or under our 3/4 bed. Tried 3 in the bed & 1 on cab bed but not a good nights sleep

Comment

Originally posted by craig.jerram View Post
                  Looks really good, I never wanted full size bed due to loosing cupboards etc but the layout you have would work for us.

Currently kids take it in turns of sleeping on cab bed or under our 3/4 bed. Tried 3 in the bed & 1 on cab bed but not a good nights sleep

The bed can easily sleep 3.

Comment

Originally posted by paul west View Post
                    The bed can easily sleep 3.

That's why I like, mine can't and with yours when not sleeping 2 kids have the seat and adults have the full size to relax but still cooking facilities. Can't even begin to consider changing mine tho, only just got it sorted

Comment

With a full sized bed you get a lot of room underneath about 1.2m width by 1m depth and about 300mm height, this is greater in size than some of the tall cupboards you get in a standard layout. I’m building a slide pod that will be 1.2m width by 650mm depth and 300 height. It will slide out from the back of the r&r bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubb05 View Post
                        Great work Paul that looks fantastic, i bet your well pleased with the results!
                        Any before pics?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s
                        Yeah there are a few of before I started the conversion at the start of the thread.

Comment

That looks amazing. Great work there

Sent from my SM-T110 using Just T4s

Comment

That looks really nice Paul. Just a couple of quick questions....
                            1. How much room do you have when the bed is in place? Presumably it butts up against the pod?
                            2. Where did you get the illuminated VW badge from?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Burgmeister View Post
                              1. How much room do you have when the bed is in place? Presumably it butts up against the pod?

Cheers
                              Vw badges ar on eBay, been looking at them myself, just search led vw badge

Comment

Originally posted by Burgmeister View Post

Cheers
                                Hi, there is about 1” room when bed is down. It works ok because the bed is easy to drop and raise, also it’s the same height as the bench so makes one half of the bed about 7 1/2 ft long. I got the badge from bus fest show Malvern £20. But I’ve been told you can get them online.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X