Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TURK View Post
    Thanks mate [ATTACH=CONFIG]12215[/ATTACH]

The resin tooling plugs will take more time unfortunately, I ordered the materials last week but with all these bank holidays the order' going to take a while. Not to worry, plenty to keep me busy in the workshop. Currently I'm having to make a sanding 'cone' as I couldn't find one with the correct angle on the Web. The obvious advantage of making your own tooling is you can custom make it!

TURK
    I wish I had that skill set 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽[emoji1320]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
      I wish I had that skill set 酪酪酪[emoji1320]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

It's just practise mate, God knows I've been at it long enough!

TURK
      Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
      And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
      The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

• I'm ready for my new lights now Turk, my recent MOT test came back with a headlight advisory (cloudy lens' affecting beam pattern), I've done a temporary fix with toothpaste, better but not ideal. With the dark nights / mornings coming in now, I am ready for my new ones

Comment

• Toothpaste? Have you plastic lenses

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
            I'm ready for my new lights now Turk, my recent MOT test came back with a headlight advisory (cloudy lens' affecting beam pattern), I've done a temporary fix with toothpaste, better but not ideal. With the dark nights / mornings coming in now, I am ready for my new ones
            Have a look on ebay greygate plastic cleaner. Its what bt used to clean the rented phones (remember those folks?)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Toothpaste? Have you plastic lenses
              Yep, the angel eye type, with the LED strip at the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Have a look on ebay greygate plastic cleaner. Its what bt used to clean the rented phones (remember those folks?)

I'll have a look, thanks mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
                  I'm ready for my new lights now Turk, my recent MOT test came back with a headlight advisory (cloudy lens' affecting beam pattern), I've done a temporary fix with toothpaste, better but not ideal. With the dark nights / mornings coming in now, I am ready for my new ones
                  Got a picture?
                  I've been in contact with the Taiwanese Trupart business who make these DRL style lights.. My enquiry was along a similar line. I've got to set up a meeting with their UK distributor when I'm back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post

Greygate is good, as are any paint cutting compounds - G3, T-cut

With a mop it takes me about 2 minutes to do both lights on the missus' toyota and about 10 minutes to clean the mess off the rest of the car.

Problem is, now the surface is gone on the lights, the interval between polishing has fallen steadily from 12 months to about 3.

Activ - I'd be interested in what you or Turk come up with in solution to this problem as the experts can't solve it and I can only see that some home brewed plastic solution aint going to last as well - it was the stumbling block for me on the headlight project and the reason I stopped.

Mr Nozzle - love your optimism, don't hold your breath.....

Comment

• Tin hat on. I sometimes think people are missing the fact that you have a 90's vehicle and therefore 90's quality lights. You don't see the vintage and military folks trying to upgrade 1930's and 40's lights to get the beam and lighting effect of a modern vehicle . People used to "relay" the lights on golfs in the 80's so they could use bigger bulbs (homemade loom upgrade I assume). That's as much a lighting upgrade as you need in my opinion.
                      Last edited by S49; 17 September 2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• And the glass lenses don't did polishing ever 6 months. That's one thing i'm sick of doing when taking cars for mot's.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Activ - I'd be interested in what you or Turk come up with in solution to this problem as the experts can't solve it and I can only see that some home brewed plastic solution aint going to last as well - it was the stumbling block for me on the headlight project and the reason I stopped.

Mr Nozzle - love your optimism, don't hold your breath.....
                          As you may recall I bought Carols DRL style fronts and latterly the Lexus style rears. Not to fit but to dismantle. Carol delivered the lights in the original packaging - anyway to cut a long story short I tracked down the manufacturing plant that make the clear lenses and after some bodged Taiwanese Google translations got the CEO of Truparts email and contact details. They make almost everything plastic. Courteous exchanges by email turned into high level Execs giving me a call. I've left it with the full weight of the 'mothership' supporting me obtaining the front clear lens' as a redesigned spare (no experts reinventing a new lens coating) but I must go through the EU/UK distribution channels.

I need to revisit my lighting progress but got to repair the washing machine first, plus 20 other jobs on the Blue To Do board.

Oh and Sealeys 1/2" Hex/Star/Torx sets are shite. Any recommendations anyone?

Comment

• Old Proto or 70's Hazet.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Old Proto or 70's Hazet.
                              And a time capsule eh Si.... [emoji6]

Comment

• What was wrong with Sealy set?

Comment

Working...
                                X