Intercooler fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler fitting

I’m about to retro fit an oem intercooler to my 2.5 TDI.daft question probably-how do the Ic pipes fit-presume they don’t join onto air box pipe?would that make it redundant? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

The cooler goes between the turbo and the inlet manifold. Cant say much more as are's is a 1.9td. Perhaps someone with that model could post up a photo of it fitted.

Comment

Basically the pipe that runs from the rhs across the top of the engine and across to the lhs is replaced by 2 smaller hoses and an intercooler.
      Open the bonnet and you'll see what I mean

Comment

You have two pipes on the snail of the turbo. The centre feed pipe receives air to the turbo from your airbox/filter. The other pipe pushes the boosted air out and runs across the top of the engine in a black plastic pipe past the MAP (pressure & temp sensor) right into the EGR and then manifold. It's the boosted air section that you need to replace plus resite the sensor into the new pipework after the IC. When you fit it and if you're keeping the EGR then I'd remove the EGR and get it clean (it'll be minging). Auto Silicon Hoses (ASH) sell good quality boost pipes for reasonable money (Amazon / ebay) plus mikalor hose clips to keep the boost in the pipes. Personally I'd keep the EGR until you get it mapped where the fuelling can be adjusted to match the loss of the EGR function.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          You have two pipes on the snail of the turbo. The centre feed pipe receives air to the turbo from your airbox/filter. The other pipe pushes the boosted air out and runs across the top of the engine in a black plastic pipe past the MAP (pressure & temp sensor) right into the EGR and then manifold. It's the boosted air section that you need to replace plus resite the sensor into the new pipework after the IC. When you fit it and if you're keeping the EGR then I'd remove the EGR and get it clean (it'll be minging). Auto Silicon Hoses (ASH) sell good quality boost pipes for reasonable money (Amazon / ebay) plus mikalor hose clips to keep the boost in the pipes. Personally I'd keep the EGR until you get it mapped where the fuelling can be adjusted to match the loss of the EGR function.
          This is great info mate as I’m in the process of fitting a tmic [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
            This is great info mate as I’m in the process of fitting a tmic [emoji1303]

Great instructions mate!was planning on getting remapped so your comments are spot on.Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by richtea View Post

Great instructions mate!was planning on getting remapped so your comments are spot on.Cheers

Have a spare pipe not sure which side as got confused when ordering and ended up with 2 the same ! You can have it if you need it ! Pm me your address !

Comment

Working...
              X