No announcement yet.

Help needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T4 Working Party : Just a quick sounding board post - who would be willing to put in a few hours to sort Seans van out in one mass enthusiasts hit so its running & prepped for an MOT? 1.9td experience preferred. Nottingham Area.

Comment

I would if it was closer to home .

Comment

My thoughts, if I was an hour closer i'd love to help. Always feel we are in the back of beyond. It the best part of an hour to Droitwich to the nearest motorway.

Comment

1.9td experience and only an hour away. Depending on when you can count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          #vanlife

Comment

I had a long chat with Sean yesterday.
            The van has been started on the key with the 1.9td in, engine serviced. It got upgraded with the 1.9 engine and gear box mounts and a 1.9td loom. Exhaust and drive shafts are all connected.

Sean has a set of R8 DRL lights and most if not all of the front end but no fixings. I'll start to work through what's needed to screw it up! [emoji23]

The only part of the chat that concerned me was the mechanic had to "play around" with the pump to get it running on the bench before installing it.

Si if you could spare a few hours I'm sure Sean would cover any travel expenses, tea and a bacon sarnie! Plus it would be great to catch up.

Top fella TommyP. Thanks mate.

Cheers Kev.

Comment

Help needed ASAP

We can soon take a look and time the pump up. The countless T4’s our there that mechanics have bodged must be unreal.

#vanlife

Comment

Agreed. [emoji106]
                Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                We can soon take a look and time the pump up. The countless T4’s our there that mechanics have bodged must be unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  I had a long chat with Sean yesterday.
                  The van has been started on the key with the 1.9td in, engine serviced. It got upgraded with the 1.9 engine and gear box mounts and a 1.9td loom. Exhaust and drive shafts are all connected.

Sean has a set of R8 DRL lights and most if not all of the front end but no fixings. I'll start to work through what's needed to screw it up! [emoji23]

The only part of the chat that concerned me was the mechanic had to "play around" with the pump to get it running on the bench before installing it.

Si if you could spare a few hours I'm sure Sean would cover any travel expenses, tea and a bacon sarnie! Plus it would be great to catch up.

Top fella TommyP. Thanks mate.

Cheers Kev.
                  There would be fuel costs covered and plenty of bacon or sausage cobs on tap gents
                  Many thanks Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Agreed. [emoji106]
                    You wouldn’t believe how long it took him to extract the old engine and how long to put the other engine in gents

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Always feel we are in the back of beyond. .
                      That’s how I feel , arse end off nowhere , scenic but a million miles from where anywhere when I want to go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog71 View Post
                        You wouldn’t believe how long it took him to extract the old engine and how long to put the other engine in gents

We’d cast our eyes over it to see if there are any currently unknown issues etc

#vanlife

Comment

Wish I was closer and could help 🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Gents good news a local mechanic has been up tonight (before dark may I add ha ha) and had the engine running (a massive weight lifted) but he’s pointed out that the Diesel pump is leaking, to be honest now the engine is running, that’s the least of my worries ha ha, I’m just trying to find huskyman as I see he had a set of hoses for sale. If anyone can contact him I’d be most appreciative
                            Dog

Comment

Good news ,

Comment

Appreciated the call and update Sean. I could just about make out your euphoria over the washing machine full of spanners noise in the background. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As advised pictures of the pump leak marked up or a video would help assess what's needed to put that right.

You're only a couple of hours labour and a few parts away from the MOT inspection.

Comment

Working...
                                X