Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Dog71 View Post
      I’ve just had a look what was left in the rear of the van

this is what he left in the back of the van

Comment

Brilliant Rob, great advice . Dog 71 no screws, bolts nothing?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

this is what he left in the back of the van

Plus the lights & indicators per your previous confirmation?

Well done Sean! You have no need to worry at this stage it's looking good.

Next answer the previous questions and take some more nice pics. At face value you have 99% there. Go and see him and go get your removed & missing parts, battery etc.... anything recovered is a saving! As an ex-Green Jacket you should be able to talk to him nicely. I don't mean any aggression find out what his beef is and tap him up for "the vans status" even if you lie about paying more money! Need the info - right? If he's not playing ball advise him you will now take legal advice and action then leave.

????When does the warranty run out on the 1.9xxx engine & gearbox? Has it been run do you know since you've bought it? Belts changed perhaps or any info provided with the engine supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Plus the lights & indicators per your previous confirmation?

Well done Sean! You have no need to worry at this stage it's looking good.

Next answer the previous questions and take some more nice pics. At face value you have 99% there. Go and see him and go get your removed & missing parts, battery etc.... anything recovered is a saving! As an ex-Green Jacket you should be able to talk to him nicely. I don't mean any aggression find out what his beef is and tap him up for "the vans status" even if you lie about paying more money! Need the info - right? If he's not playing ball advise him you will now take legal advice and action then leave.

????When does the warranty run out on the 1.9xxx engine & gearbox? Has it been run do you know since you've bought it? Belts changed perhaps or any info provided with the engine supplier.
            Hi matey
            I’ve been and brought a battery for it. The police have advised me not to visit his house. As I’ve asked them about getting the things back. They say it’s a civil matter. So to stop any aggression I’ve been and got the battery, I think most of the stuff is hoses and he’s put the 2.4 hoses on the 1.9 engine and they have kinks and twists in them

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
              Brilliant Rob, great advice . Dog 71 no screws, bolts nothing?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s
              No buddy nothing, not a bolt or screw

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Next, questions & more pics Sean. In no particular order....

Is the V5 in your name at your address?
                Any MOT or tax on it? Yours was a 2.4D right - what year?

What engine did you supply , what year was the donor?

Have you got axle stands?

Does the steering work? Bolted up? Check.

Are the drive shafts connect up? Take some pictures from underneath on the inside if the wheels are on and at the front wheels. Brakes still there?

Is the exhaust connected up take a picture from underneath? Go from rear forwards.

While you're underneath is the oil drain plug still in & fitted?

Anything pipe or wire wise loose whole you're underneath?

Is the engine and gearbox secure? Look at the right hand side for the gearbox mount. Move those water pipes and take a picture. Look at the rear of the engine and the left , take some pics.Get behind and take a picture or three.

Any parts , bolts etc.. in the rear?

Is the head cover bolted down/loose ? Can you feel the belts behind the covers, still taught?

Anything missing in the cab. Fusebox is level with the drivers knee. Take a picture. If the pedal box still there? Got the ignition key?

That'll do for now while I load the dishwasher! Toodle Pip.
                Rob could you give me a call
                # removed by Active8!

Last edited by Activ8; 1 August 2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Rob can you call me on # removed by Active8!

Last edited by Activ8; 1 August 2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Rob can you call me on # removed by Active8!

Will do shortly.
                    Removed your number as it's a public platform, you might have the heavy breathers from the "Cruelty to T4 2.4d's" calling! [emoji23]

Comment

Spoil all my fun you Activ.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Really it seems to be just a matter of connecting cooling system and filling etc, checking timing, fuel bleed etc and turn the key and see what happens! Always tough to know without seeing in the flesh etc

If it was me tho i would get a set of 1.9 coolant hoses

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                          Really it seems to be just a matter of connecting cooling system and filling etc, checking timing, fuel bleed etc and turn the key and see what happens! Always tough to know without seeing in the flesh etc

If it was me tho i would get a set of 1.9 coolant hoses

That’s what I’m trying to get Tom

Comment

One thing nobody has mentioned yet is Cambelt , check it’s been timed up correctly and a new belt , water pump, idlers ect fitted , technically you don’t need a new cambelt at this stage to get it running , but it’s worth checking it’s condition visually .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                              One thing nobody has mentioned yet is Cambelt , check it’s been timed up correctly and a new belt , water pump, idlers ect fitted , technically you don’t need a new cambelt at this stage to get it running , but it’s worth checking it’s condition visually .
                              While the engine was out, I had new cam belt, water pump fitted

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                                I mentioned checking the timing. Lol

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X